Aug 6th 2007 5:35AM Really awesome! The kind of Wowspace I'd like to have when I'll move out from my Mommy's house ! Except the Garfield lamp... ^^ And I am a fan of Logitech, I love the design of their products and their modularity, and above all, they come from my country ;-)
Yeah GamerJunkie, I also live in Mommy's house, it's terrible, isn't it ? And it's an attic room ! And I have a boyfriend (yeah, I don't know how it's possible, I must have met him on a chat for lonely wow geeks), who also live by his Mommy's... How is it possible ? Of course, it's because we just play wow and spend all money in this, don't we ? Our parents should buy us a house even if they'll starve and if it takes two hours to go to the university, or better, we should drop it to take a McJob, so we can move out from our parent's house and buy an outrageously expensive table for our Wowspace !!! Yeah, THAT would be cool...
Jul 28th 2007 10:16AM Sylvanas, Queen of the Forsaken and former High elf General of Silvermoon.
I'm just fascinated by her horrifying life, and she's also one of the most powerful female in WoW (which is kind of rare, even if there is fortunately no difference between male and female characteristics).
Jul 26th 2007 11:33AM I've never seen so many comments ;-)
Jul 25th 2007 5:50AM "If you were able to sit around not think not do anything and manage to stay awake for 5 days yeah you'd be ok, but that's not the case here."
No, doing nothing isn't good at all, you could die from a blood clot forming in your legs and going into your lungs if you don't move enough from your chair, playing WoW... (called a "pulmonary embolism on a venous thrombus") especially if you're a young woman taking a birth pill (so I hope that Cowiee is not, or that she's going to take a break and walk !) or a old person. That's why we give you anticoagulant drugs when you're staying in a bed for too long (I'm not talking about sleeping till 3 p.m on Sunday), and we exhort you to move your butt as soon as you can when you're at the hospital. So, what will perhaps be the most dangerous for her, if she does non stop gaming, is the fact that she isn't going to move from her chair, not taking breaks long enough.
"2. Sleep deprivation can lead to early onset diabetes.
3. Sleep deprivation WILL affect your brain in various negative ways. In fact studies show that after 17 hours of being awake - ppl will perform tasks worse that other who are over the blood-alcohol limit for driving...
4. Sleep deprivation has been directly linked to heart disease.
5. Sleep deprivation can cause obesity. It is also associated with sleep apnoea.
6. Sleep deprivation is linked to irregular heart rhythms including atrial fibrillation
7. Sleep deprivation is linked to depression"
That's true, but most of what you listed is for chronic sleep deprivation, which is not the case here and are still under research. Anyway, not sleeping for five days isn't good for health !
But if she's in good health, what we'll happen if she stops sleeping ? Nothing... she'll just fell asleep later. And she'll be fine again, the brain can stand it. You can't stop sleeping forever, if you're really too tired, you'll eventually sleep (except maybe in some rare case of brain disease...). Once, I raided with someone reeeeaallly tired, who fell asleep in the middle of the dungeon, not responding anymore even if you shouted in TeamSpeak... even WoW (and guildmates shouting) can't prevent you from sleeping (I know he's not dead from sleep deprivation or anything else, because his wife was playing with us too ^^ ).
So my medical student's advices to Cowiee, if she really exists and is going to do this :
- Find another way to earn money for cancer research...
- Be sure you're in good medical condition
- Find a medical supervision
- Take breaks for walking, drinking, eating, etc.
Jul 20th 2007 12:02PM Once, a friend (on a PVE realm) was asked for a duel by someone of the other faction in Outland. He won, but while they were dueling, the opponent enabled PVP on his character during the fight, so my friend also had the PVP enabled, and he was killed at the end of the duel by the ten other players of the enemy faction... Never duel with someone of the other faction on a pve realm if he is surrounded by friends !
Jul 9th 2007 8:33AM Autobar too (#1) at files.wowace.com : the most powerful potion/bandage/healthstone/mana gem/etc are displayed (but the other minor one are accessible with the mouse), right click to autocast, you can move the bar where you want. No more excuses to forget your potions !
Jun 24th 2007 5:20PM I just found out this addon today, I think the "V key" is rather helpful, especially for aoe. Like the default UI, you can turn Aloft on or off with V key for enemy players, and with less space, you can have a lot more information...
@Prester, the default UI takes a lot more visual space, if you ever tried the V key, and is not configurable. But if you don't use it, you won't need this addon either...
May 12th 2007 9:19AM I'd like to choose name that match with the character :
- Kimkong : human mage, the only name that doesn't exactly match with the character, but really original, because it came from a real nickname that some friends gave me...
- Maleficent : undead warlock, the wicked witch of the sleeping beauty (everything is bad about undead warlock...)
- Akshaya : blood elf priest, means indestructible in indian (exactly like priests...)
- Malcanthet : gnome warlock, demon lord and queen of the succubi in D&D