Feb 3rd 2009 2:37PM Any additional suggestions for improving system performance for those of us running Vista?
Dec 31st 2008 5:06PM I'm always amused whenever the Ironforge Flightmaster tells me to "Keep your feet on the ground" just before I take a flight.
Jul 18th 2008 12:39PM Mysterious Tarot is obviously connected to the deck-based trinkets (currently only available through the Darkmoon Faire). Perhaps these decks will be the basis of BOP or BOP trinkets.
Jan 2nd 2008 5:18PM Parents rarely understand that there are 24 adults who rely on their child to meet schedules and do their part in a raid. In fact, I wonder if they realize how far WOW raiding goes towards teaching responsibility and teamwork.
The bottom line is that parents are a frequent source of drama in raiding guilds. That's why PULSE will always remain adults-only.
Jan 2nd 2008 2:04PM It goes way beyond maturity.
I'm the GM of an adults-only reroll guild that's about to start Kara. I have also been recruiting officer for two other guilds - one adults only raiding guild and one all-ages friends-and-family guild. I have a lot of experience with adult and kid drama.
- It's simply easier to schedule adults. Kids are often at the mercy of their parents and teachers when it comes to scheduling. Although adults tend to have more planned absences, kids tend to have more last-minute cancellations.
- Even mature kids can have immature parents. How often have you seen a raid cancelled because the main tank's Mom says he has to do his Algebra homework?
- It's true that there are many mature kids, and many immature adults in this game. However, it's easier to spot the immature adults in a guild interview.
- Adults like to hang out with adults. Kids like to hang out with kids. Many kids resent it when their guild leadership is old enough to be their parents. And many adults want to talk about grown-up-stuff in guild chat (politics, work, career, golf, etc.)
- Adults don't like worrying about language or topics in guild chat or vent. I once had a member's mother hop on vent and yell at me for swearing in vent. Apparently she was unaware that her little angel could make a sailor blush...
GM of Pulse
Jan 2nd 2008 1:42PM Thanks for mentioning us!
PULSE is an adults-only raiding guild on Magtheridon. Guildwatch originally mentioned us about six weeks ago when we were a brand new 2.3 reroll guild. Our core members are swiftly approaching 70 and we are looking to fill out our first Kara team.
Oct 24th 2007 11:18AM Drama update. Aderon, Guildmaster of Dragonhawk, decided that "Horde is Boring" and ordered all members to return to TVC. All but three members did so. The remaining members of Dragonhawk (Ner'Zhul)have decided that Alliance is boring and refuse to return. Troublemaker is the new GM there.
Jul 25th 2007 9:01PM Entry.
I wonder if there is a max number of submissions on the thread...
Jul 25th 2007 1:43PM Funny thing is that our guild has difficulty recruiting rogues. We're okay on healers and tanks, but have difficulty finding competent rogues. (Part of the problem may be that we have a 21 year minimum age...).
Look up Dream Team on the Blade's Edge if you're interested.
May 14th 2007 12:07PM We've had good luck recruiting server transfers who prefer a late raiding time (9pm pacific time). Suggest you find something unique about your guild that would attract transfers and then expand your recruiting efforts beyond your server.
Remember - the bigger your pool of candidates the higher you can set your standards.
Fondren - The Dream Team - Blade's Edge