Jan 8th 2010 6:36PM I will spend the whole weekend diligently testing...I promise.
Jan 8th 2010 2:55PM The vouchers are sent over email, so they come instantly. Paypal also takes care of the whole euro to dollar conversion if you are worried about that.
Jan 8th 2010 2:48AM I've found out that my account/character is bugged. If when you type you see the name "Alion" you should go to the forums and read up on the bug.
Once I got onto a better character (randomly generated names apparently?) I was given a waypoint to the nearest settlement. When I got there it was hundreds of feet in the air and I had no idea how to get there. I logged off and on and found myself on the top of this massive tower people had built and found all sorts of tools and the actual monolith I was looking for.
The settlement looked like crap (as the few people that were there agreed) and is pretty useless because the original inhabitants constructed it so ridiculously. I guess my hope is that the AI comes buy and shoots it down so we can start over fresh.
I will be logging on tomorrow to see.
Jan 8th 2010 12:45AM I donated and joined the beta, here's my thoughts on the first fifteen minutes. Please keep in mind that I really just jumped into this. I perused the manual and watched one video. I might be missing something entirely but:
- I am constantly getting killed by things that I don't understand or recognize as dangerous. That is doubly annoying because the sound isn't implemented or working properly on my machine, so I get little to no warning in that sense either.
- After I die, I spawn in something called the Endo Reef. I seem to be underwater and die again immediately because I cannot hold my breath for more than a few seconds. I was able to skim along the surface of the water and get towards some gleaming tower, which promptly shot and killed me.
- On further inspection, I might be getting killed by this red ball of death in the water. It's sucking me, and what I think are other bodies into it.
- When I restart the game, sometimes it spawns me outside of the water and I can walk around a bit more. The visuals are strange and sometimes very hard to understand, but I think with time it will seem normal. When I run away from black things I tend to last longer.
- Success!? I found a screen (like a literal screen in the world, it's like a TV sitting in the forest) that talks about a settlement and gives coordinates, but as I don't understand the controls system for coords, I cannot find it.
- I come back to massively to see if anyone in the comments can shine light on where the hell I'm supposed to find a monolith/settlement or how to fight back against these nameless terrors killing me. Oh well.
I still want this game to work and am very willing to give it a much more generous try considering how cool it sounds in concept.
Dec 23rd 2009 11:17PM Let's make this a Merry Christmas for me.
Aug 26th 2009 6:11PM The payoff for all of this comes with the last one (Weeds). I'd suggest watching them all.
Aug 11th 2009 8:21PM There's no way they could have done it with each bosses unique abilities. Trial of the Champion would become one of the hardest fights ever because you'd have to memorize upwards of 30 bosses and their phases? Most people can't even take down Mimiron because of his complexity and he only has 4 phases.
Aug 6th 2009 8:10PM The announcer dies, poor fella gets choked and turned into a ghoul.
Jul 10th 2009 7:48PM Let me clarify, these two new cities would not be sanctuaries. Considering they are ramping up Horde vs. Alliance tensions, I'd say they should do away with sanctuary cities. I'm tired of them personally, takes me out of the lore of the game too much.
Jul 10th 2009 7:45PM At this point I'd say the Trolls are Horde members to their core, having a new city to better the horde would not be against Sen'jin's wishes.