Posts with tag 1.11
Filed under: Patches
Filed under: Breakfast Topics
PartingVisions.Com has some information on the PvP armor updates - specifically, screenshots for mage, hunter, druid, warrior, warlock, rogue, shaman, and paladin sets. (There's a link to an image named priest.jpg that currently seems to be broken.) You can compare them to the existing PvP sets here. The changes are losses in some places and gains in others, and your like of them may depend on your play-style. So check them out and let us know what you think.
[Fan art by Guillaume Bonnet]
While the changes are mostly as we expected, there are a few pleasant surprises:
- The cost to respec one's talents will now decay over time, going down by 5 gold per month, to a minimum of 10 gold.
- Rogue's Detect Traps skill is now passive.
- Warlock's Shadow Ward has a new rank to be found as a drop.
- Warrior's Shield Slam functionality has been changed. To quote... "This ability now costs 20 rage to use and the damage it does is modified by attack power (normalized to 2.2 speed). However, the base damage has been reduced. It generates more threat per rage and more damage per rage than it did previously."
- Class quest sets in Zul'Gurub and Ahn'Qiraj have been upgraded from superior quality to epic quality. (By my reading, it sounds like this refers to all items, though perhaps it is only some of them.)
- PvP armor rewards for ranks 7, 8, 10, 12, and 13 have been improved.
- Light's Hope Chapel in the Eastern Plaguelands is now a full hub, with inn, mailbox, etc.
- Many new quests in Light's Hope.
- Class-specific armor sets from Zul'Gurub now no longer require bijous or coins - only a Primal Hakkari item and appropriate reputation.
- Class-specific enchantments from Zul'Gurub now no longer require librams from Dire Maul.
- The High Priests of Zul'Gurub now have an additional loot table.
- Several raid interface improvements, including defualt-UI ability to send messages to the middle of a player's screen and perform ready checks.
- There will now be a party interface option to reset an instance.
- Many new flight paths, as well as new flight hubs in Ratchet and Un'Goro Crater.
Filed under: Patches
- Totemic Focus: Now reduces mana cost of totems by 5 to 25% (was 3 to 15%).
- Elemental Devastation: Moved down to tier 3 - swapped with Storm Reach.
- Storm Reach: Moved up to tier 4- swapped with Elemental Devastation.
- Totemic Mastery: Now increases totem range by 10 yards (was 5 yards), but will not stack with the 3-piece Earthfury bonus.
Winter's Chill: Will now increase crit chance by 1% (lowered from 2%), but will stack up to 10 times (from 5).
Improved Scorch: The fire vulnerability effect has been increased to 30 seconds (from 15).
No, patch 1.11 isn't even live on the test server, but there is already information coming out about patch 1.12. It seems to be fairly well-known that rogues will be getting reviewed in this patch, and World of Warcraft Vault's E3 wrap-up notes that we should expect some kind of PvP revamp. This morning Tseric chimed in saying it was also possible that Warriors and Warlocks may be looked into as well. Anyone out there have great expectations for this future patch?
[Fan art by Astrid Hansen]
Also included are a few tidbits of information from Blizzard's Mac team member Rob Barris, discussing Bootcamp on the Imac & other platform news. The full article can be found here.
Arcane Subtlety: Now a 2-point talent that reduces your target's resistances to all your spells by 5/10 and threat caused by your arcane spells by 20/40%.
Wand Specialization: Now only a 2-point talent.
Magic Absorption: New 5-point, tier 2 ability. When you resist a spell, you regain 1/2/3/4/5% of your maximum mana and increases your resistances by 2/4/6/8/10.
Improved Arcane Explosion: Now a 3-point ability that increases the critical chance of Arcane Explosion by 2/4/6%.
Burning Soul: Now adds threat reduction as well as prevents you from loosing casting time by taking damage. Threat reduced by 15/30%.
Improved Scorch: The fire vulnerability DoT has been improved to 3% each, and still stacks 5 times (for a total of 15% increased fire vulnerability).
Frost Warding: Moved to tier 1.
Elemental Focus: New 3-point tier 1 talent that increases your chance to hit with fire and frost spells by 2/4/6%.
Improved Frost Nova: Moved to tier 2.
Permafrost: Moved to tier 2.
Frost Channeling: In addition to the mana cost reduction, this talent now also reduces threat caused by frost spells by 10/20/30%.
Shatter: The pre-requisite for this talent is now Improved Frost Nova rather than Frostbite.
Winter's Chill: Changed functionality. Now causes a debuff that increases frost crit chance by 2%. 20/40/60/80/100% chance to apply the debuff.
Ice Barrier: Now receives 10% of the benefit of +frost damage gear and can stack with a priest's Power Word: Shield.