Another week, another patch. WoW 2.0.6 PTRs are now up
, and with them, patch notes. Here's the Priest, Hunter, and Mage stuff; behind the cut is the bug fixes (not much interesting there besides hopefully pet bars being fixed). Marksmanship Hunters lost a bit of damage, Priests' Shadow Word: Pain lost a bit of damage, and Mages' Fireball and Frostbolt lost a bit as well. However, Counterspell is now non-Global Cooldown, which means you can (for example) Counterspell and then immediately cast another spell. I honestly thought Mana Shield already did absorb magical damage as well as physical; shows what I know about mages.Hunters
- "Silencing Shot" now does only 50% of weapon damage instead of 75%.
- The base damage for "Arcane Shot" has been reduced by about 9% and the bonus damage from ranged attack power reduced from 20% to 15%.
- The bonus damage for "Barrage" is now 4/8/12% for ranks 1/2/3. [used to be 5/10/15%]
- The bonus damage for "Improved Barrage" is now 4/8/12% for ranks 1/2/3. [used to be 5/10/15%]
- Each rank of "Improved Fireball" now reduces your spell damage coefficient by 2%.
- Each rank of "Improved Frostbolt" now reduces your spell damage coefficient by 2%.
- "Counterspell" no longer triggers the global cooldown.
- "Mana Shield" now absorbs magical damage as well as physical damage.
- The bonus coefficient for "Shadow Word: Pain" has been reduced by about 9%. This should result in about 5% less damage done by "Shadow Word: Pain" for the typical priest.
Read more →
Filed under: Hunter, Mage, Priest, Patches, News items