2.1 is getting quite a few sub-patches, it seems. The public test realms are scheduled come up "late tonight" in order to test patch 2.1.2, which will probably correspond with the beginning of Arena Season 2 (or at least that's my guess). It mostly looks like a bug fix patch, but there are a few more substantive changes:
- PvP Trinkets: Insignia of the Alliance, Insignia of the Horde, Medallion of the Alliance, and Medallion of the Horde have all been redesigned. The trinkets for all classes now have the same effect: Dispels all movement impairing effects and all effects which cause loss of control of your character.
- [Rogue] Sword Specialization: The change to Sword Specialization making its extra attacks appear in yellow has been reverted. Extra attacks will appear in white and act like any auto-attack. They will no longer reset the swing time of your weapon. [2.1 changed Rogue Sword Spec to do yellow damage and not reset swing timers. This reverts the "yellow damage" part.]
- [Warrior] Sword Specialization: The change to Sword Specialization making its extra attacks appear in yellow has been reverted. Extra attacks will appear in white and act like any auto-attack. They will no longer reset the swing time of your weapon. Rage awarded will be calculated by damage dealt as with any normal auto-attack. [See above]
- [Shaman] Focused Mind: This ability has been changed to reduce the duration of silence and interrupt effects, rather than increase resistance to them.
- [Paladin] Improved Concentration Aura: This ability now correctly reduces the duration of silence and interrupt effects by 30%. In addition, the reduction in duration of silence and interrupt effects from this ability will no longer stack with other such reductions.
- [CoT: Hyjal] The number of preliminary waves before each boss in the Caverns of Time: Battle for Mount Hyjal event has been reduced from 12 to 8, and some of the larger waves have fewer creatures than before.
Heroic Sethekk Halls was also nerfed, especially the Anzu fight. Full patch notes are after the cut.
Read more →
Filed under: Patches, Bugs