Are you in the midst of leveling a character between 20 and 60? Well right now is the time to stop everything, rush over to this forum post from Blizzard
, and sing a happy song while you hurry up and wait! That's right, in answer to the crying pleas of casual alt-oholics everywhere, Blizzard is finally speeding up the tedious leveling curve
for old world content in patch 2.3
, adding in a bunch of new quests, nerfing a lot of the nastiest bad guys, and buffing a whole bunch of the items they drop.
Here's a summarized list of the changes, with the full post by Vaneras copied for you beyond the link below.
- Amount of experience needed to level reduced by 15% per level between 20 and 60.
- Experience gained from completing quests increased between levels 30 and 60.
- Outdoor elite quests will now now be soloable, with the same (or better) rewards.
- About 60 new quests and a new goblin town based in Dustwallow Marsh (levels 30 to 40)
- Level ranges for old dungeons to be narrowed down a bit (so that if you are high enough to start them, you are high enough to finish them too)
- Increased questing experience for dungeon quests.
- Buffed up item drops from dungeon bosses.
As Vaneras says, "Though we've given you a few examples of the things to come, we think everyone will pleasantly surprised when they see the full extent of the changes discussed above." Keep reading to see all the juicy details.
Read more →
Filed under: Patches, Items, Instances, Quests, Leveling, Alts