Cataclysm is right around the corner, and with it comes sweeping change for every class whether it is talents or itemization. Restoration shaman are no exception to the rule and several of the changes will affect us and how we choose gear. Take some time to read through all the stat and system changes happening, but for right now lets talk about how this affects restoration shaman.
Here's the list of things we need to be aware of:
- MP/5: Gone
- Spirit: Now the regen stat of choice for all healers, gear with spirit is specifically healer gear.
- Spell Power: Gone from all items except for weapons, marking specific weapons as caster items.
- Intellect : Spell power is now derived from intellect, making this stat very important
- Haste: Still around.
- Critical Strike Rating: Still around.
- Spell Ranks: Gone, Spells will now grow with you as you level. Levels at which you can learn spells will be changing.
- Mastery: This is a specialization stat found on gear. Mastery allows for you to be better at your defined role
- Existing gear: Your existing gear will be updated to fall in line with these changes before Cataclysm is released