Posts with tag WoD
Olivia: First up, is there anything you really wanted to clarify and get out there?
Celestalon: I've tweeted about pretty much everything. This was the first version of the patch notes, there have been more changes since then, those patch notes are about a week old or so?
Zarhym: Yeah it's like, tons of changes. [Rygarius] said he had a huge list of changes.
Celestalon: There's another five thousand words that aren't up there yet, which [Rygarius] is working on now.
There have been different amounts of patch notes released for different classes. Paladins have been complaining that they haven't got enough, rogues have been really happy that not much has changed. Is it safe to assume there's more to come? This is just step one?
There's definitely more coming. Like, for example, paladins had relatively few patch notes, and a lot of that is we were relatively happy with how things played out, at least for ret and prot, with the exception of a few things we can solve with tuning – changing numbers. So a lot of what you see in the patch notes now is what we call design changes, so the mechanics that we want to change so we can get to some design that we like.
My biggest disappointment is the lack of female participation in the story on the Horde side of things. There's been a lot of discussion on this topic already, and I don't mean to start it up again, but it is my answer to this week's Community Blog Topic: "What's your biggest disappointment with Warlords of Draenor?"
My other disappointment is a minor one. I wish that garrisons were account-bound instead of restricted to each character. It's minor because I love everything else about this feature.
What about you? Are you at all disappointed about any of the announced features of WoD? What are you looking least forward to? Or are you going to wait until the details are more flushed out before making up your mind?
Blog about your answer and link to it in the comments below. Or if you don't have a World of Warcraft related blog, respond to the topic in the comments. We'll spotlight some of the responses next week.
- Where's the expansion set? Draenor, before it became Outland. Yep, we're heading back in time for this expansion.
- What's the new level cap? 100. But don't panic if you haven't even reached the Mists level cap yet, because Blizzard is going to boost one of your characters to level 90 so you can play in Draenor.
- What can I do in Draenor? In addition to the standard leveling, questing, dungeoning, and raiding, the expansion will have garrisons for you to build. Think of them as a seriously amped up version of the farms in Mists, letting build your own in-game city.
- What new classes or races are coming? None -- however, all of the current classes are getting new models. It may not sound like much, but it makes the original WoW races look brand new.
- When will I be able to play? We don't know yet. But as with most Blizzard games, we suspect it will be out "when it's ready."
So that's what the next expansion has in store for us. But there are some upcoming gameplay changes that will definitely help low-level or more casual players find their footing and get through the game -- if that means you, read on for 7 things you'll want to know about the next expansion.
I'm sure by now you've heard of the strange splash screen that has appeared on Blizzard's major websites, and seen the progression from day 1 to day 2, and read our report on it here at WoW Insider. As expected, a new splash screen has just appeared on Blizzard's main site.
This time, a large chunk of the ice in the middle of the picture seems to have broken away. Unfortunately, we still can't make out much of anything through the ice, though we've already had a tipster or two comment to say that it may be the night sky. If so, does that mean we're inside some sort of icy tomb or cavern looking out? There's also a new rune located in the bottom left hand corner of the breaking ice. The meaning of the new rune is still up in the air. Diabloii.net points out that it looks a lot like a Protoss symbol found on the official Starcraft 2 site.
Gallery: June 2008 splash screen speculation