- Step 1 Smelt 16 stacks of Elementium Ore.
- Step 2 Smelt 8 stacks of Obsidium Ore.
- Step 3 Use the obsidium to craft 2 stacks of Folded Obsidium.
- Step 4 Craft 20 Stormforged Shoulders (or legs).
- Step 5 Disenchant into Heavenly Shards.
The calculation for your cost is quite straightforward: 16 Elementium Ore plus 8 Obsidium Ore is your cost for a single shard. On my realm, most days, that means I never pay more than 42g, and usually less than 34g. Since Heavenly Shards hover between 40g and 80g, I can usually sell anything I don't use for scrolls for 60g fairly quickly.
The price for ore is likely to reduce after patch 4.2 hits, so don't make anything you can't use or sell before (or immediately after) that.
Maximize your profits with more advice from Gold Capped as well as the author's Call to Auction podcast. Do you have questions about selling, reselling and building your financial empire on the auction house? Basil is taking your questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Filed under: Economy