I sure thought that we'd covered this before, but all my searching tells me that we haven't. So, since the past few weeks have been late endgame epics, here's a bit of awesomely husky loot -- if you haven't ever gotten this one, you definitely should.
Name: Cannonball Runner (Wowhead, Thottbot, Fishing)
Type: Rare Trinket
Damage/Speed: N/A (see below)
- Summons a cannon that will fire at enemies in front of you.
- Lasts for 10 seconds, with a 5 minute cooldown. Will reportedly attack enemies that aren't aggroed, so be careful dropping it in a crowded area.
- Fires about seven shots with an average of 50 damage each (though can also crit), so about 350 damage, depending on whatever you're shooting at.
- And of course, the name itself hearkens back to the famous Burt Reynolds epic, Cannonball Run.
- And the icon (a smiley-face adorned bomb) is great, though Blizzard has since reused it as a number of different bombs and grenades.
- And finally, it's one of the best trinkets in World of Warcraft.
We'll have to see if Willey shows up in some form in the upcoming Caverns of Time version of Stratholme -- considering that Old Hillsbrad (with all of its familiar faces) is the most popular CoT instance, it's not hard to guess that he will.
Getting Rid of It: Sells for 1g 8s 50c, disenchants into a Large Brilliant Shard. Boom!