Blizzard has just released a large preview of the major changes coming to professions in Cataclysm. We already know that there will be new recipes to craft and materials to gather, and that there will be another 75 points of skillups required; however we haven't really seen a clear and concise outline of what's changing until now. Listed below are the major changes to the overall professions, as well as new enchants and gem modifications.
Blizzard's full announcement after the break.
- Blacksmithing, Leather working, and Tailoring specializations removed.
- Blacksmithing, Leather working, and Tailoring will create their starter sets of PvP gear, which will be upgraded with new recipes every season.
- New elixirs will be about 75% as strong as flasks.
- An enchanter vanity pet is being added.
- Engineering is still being designed, but expect new unpredictable gadgets to use on yourself or enemies.
- Engineering will be able to make powerful bows, crossbows, and guns.
- Scribes will see a "cleaning up" of minor glyphs.
- Three new First Aid bandages.
- Avalanche -- Chance to deal Nature damage on melee hit/spell hit.
- Elemental Slayer -- As expected, this enchantment helps players deal devastating damage to elemental creatures.
- Hurricane -- A stacking haste proc.
- Heartsong -- Mana regeneration through increased Spirit when chain-casting spells.
- Many more maximum-level enchantments are still in progress.
- Hit is now Blue.
- Mastery and dodge are Yellow.
- Intellect is now Red.