Blizzard's official Cataclysm site is going up and down every minute or two right now, but I managed to load their FAQ for the upcoming expansion, and there is plenty of interesting information in it.
- Barrens is split in two. Darkshore is flooded.
- New zones: Uldum, Grim Batol, the Sunken City of Vashj'ir.
- "More raid content" than previous expansions
- A new "Wintergrasp-like zone" called Tol Barad
- Archaeology, the new secondary profession, lets you "unearth valuable artifacts and earn unique rewards"
- The new starting zones will be heavily phased, and will be similar to the DK starting zones
- Azshara is now a low-level Horde zone connected directly to Orgrimar
- Azeroth will be changed whether you buy the expansion or not
I'm psyched. I'm sure we'll learn more about all of these details as Blizzcon goes by, so keep it locked on WoW.com. In fact, check out the live blog of the Cataclysm panel going on right now for more info. I'm especially curious about Archaology, and about whether they can keep their promise to have more raid content.
Check out the entire FAQ after the break!
BlizzCon 2009 is here! WoW.com has continuing coverage, bringing you the latest in Cataclysm news, live blogs, galleries, and reports right from the convention floor. Check out WoW.com's Guide to BlizzCon for the latest!