- Auchindoun and Laughing Skull
- Black Dragonflight and Skullcrusher
- Aegwynn and Gurubashi
- Balnazzar and Warsong
- Burning Blade and Onyxia
- Chromaggus and Garithos
- Dalvengyr and Dark Iron
- Dethecus and Detheroc
- Dunemaul, Maiev, Boulderfist and Bloodscalp
- Hakkar and Aegwynn
- Rivendare and Firetree
Posts with tag chromaggus
It looks like the Maiev/Bloodscalp/Boulderfist triad can expect another addition to their happy little family with Dunemaul. In addition, Hakkar will join Aegwynn, which was connected to Gurubashi last week. If you're a player on one of the realms slated for connection, you might want to keep an eye on the official thread for future updates.
- Balnazzar and Warsong
- Gurubashi and Aegwynn
- Dalvengyr and Dark Iron
- Garithos and Chromaggus
- Onyxia and Burning Blade
- Maiev and Bloodscalp/Boulderfist
Note that the Maiev realm will be connected with the Bloodscalp/Boulderfist connection that was the first to be made in this process. Although an exact date for the connection has not been set, given the connection that took place during this week's maintenance, we can hope that these connections will also take place during regularly scheduled downtime. Players on these realms should continue to check back with the official thread on the forums for more updates as they become available.
Well, Naxxramas is big enough that I'll leave a whole article to it. The other raids from the original raiding scene of level 60 can fit into one since they're relatively easy to do. The roadblocks to finishing them are largely mechanical tricks, not damage output or survivability problems.
There's no real difference between the specs in these earliest raids. I run as destruction mostly because it's fast-paced, but any spec and almost any talent setup can do these raids.
Laugh if you will, but patch 5.1 introduces 12 new rare pets that are spread throughout classic raids from the yester-years of World of Warcraft. It gives players incentive to revisit those raid instances, and rewards them with some pretty cool looking pets. It also rewards those with the motivation to farm the content with the achievement Raiding With Leashes. If the achievement wasn't enough, as an added bonus for collecting all 12 new rare pets, you get the pet Mr. Bigglesworth, who may in fact be the most sought after mini pet since he was introduced as the trusted companion of Kel'Thuzad back when Naxxramas made it's first appearance. So, with 12 new rare pet drops from 12 classic raid bosses, how hard can obtaining these magnificent prizes solo be?
World of Warcraft: Cataclysm will destroy Azeroth as we know it; nothing will be the same! In WoW Insider's Guide to Cataclysm, you can find out everything you need to know about WoW's third expansion (available Dec. 7, 2010), from brand new races to revamped quests and zones. Visit our Cataclysm news category for the most recent posts having to do with the Cataclysm expansion.
Here's a heads-up to all our North American night owls early risers and Oceanic readers: It's Tuesday morning, and that means maintenance. Luckily, it's a short one today. Bornakk has said that they expect most servers to only be down a half hour, starting at 5AM PDT and ending a 5:30AM PDT. There are some extra servers that will be down slightly longer, until 6:30AM PDT. Those servers will be listed after the break. Aussies can rejoice as well, as any Oceanic servers not on this list won't be taken down until 5AM AEST (Which is noon over here on the American west coast).
For the list of servers that will have a longer downtime, read on:
For the next in our round of boss deathmatches, check back later today for a discussion of Baron Geddon vs. Lady Vashj.
This week we'll be considering a fight against Blackwing Lair's Chromaggus and Karazhan's Shade of Aran. Curious about how these two fight -- or ready to voice your opinion on which would come out ahead? Read on!
Filed under: Two Bosses Enter
- Green dragons are spawning at a greatly increased rate - some reports saying they're showing up as fast as hourly.
- Shaman's totems are no longer reliable in many fights - they take AOE damage and can pull aggro from monsters (adds Razorgore, for example), leading to them being destroyed every few seconds.
- Raid reset timers have been completely changed. Instead of following this handy calendar, Ahn'Qiraj, Blackwing Lair, and Molten Core seem to be reseting on Friday morning. (While I can't confirm whether this is happening across all servers, there are a lot of reports of it from different players.)
- In Blackwing Lair, Chromaggus' time lapse ability now sets the health of everyone in line of sight to 1HP (you may use your imagination to guess what happens to the main tank at this point).
- Onyxia is... yes, you guessed it, using her deep breath ability much more frequently in phase 2 of the fight. While it seemed to previously be caused by players being clustered together (she would intelligently target and breath fiery death on them), it now seems to occur throughout phase 2, on a semi-regular timer of 10 to 40 seconds.
- There are several reports of various bosses in Ahn'Qiraj not dropping any loot.
- Damaging tornadoes that spawn during the Ossirian fight (final boss in the 20-player Ahn'Qiraj instance) are now invisible, making them rather more difficult to avoid.