Posts with tag corpse
Who doesn't love a cannibalistic, rotting, undead corpse? With this cuddly ghoul you can be sure to weird out your friends and family while charming them with cuteness at the same time.
Here is what you will need:
- Pre-made Muslin Doll
- Acrylic Paint
- Muslin Fabric
- Pledge Duster Refills
- Mod Podge (or fabric glue)
- Paint Brushes
Gallery: World of WarCrafts: Ghoul doll
With each patch and expansion, Blizzard has demonstrated a keen sense of learning. One of the things I truly enjoy about their talks, such as the panels during the Worldwide Invitational event in Paris, France last month, is when they illustrate their learnings and what they've come up with in response. For the most part, each iteration of their designs is progressively better than the last. Take World PvP, for example. Their first attempts were silly and laughable, such as the sandlol in Silithus. In Outlands, however, they implemented several World PvP objectives that were more successful, particularly Halaa and the Bone Wastes. In Blizzcon 2007, they talked about the things they learned so far, which make me truly excited for Lake Wintergrasp.
The Death Knight is another matter altogether. It's a new class. With the Burning Crusade, Blizzard simply added new races, which wasn't too difficult to balance. With the coming expansion, they've designed a class from the ground up -- and from what I can see so far, they've broken the mold and created something that doesn't quite follow the conventions we're become accustomed to. If anything, the Death Knight is a shock to the system. Looking through the talents and spells, a few key design points stood out for me.
WoW has a pretty lenient death penalty compared to other games. Ten percent durability lost and a ghost run to your body is peanuts compared to, say, forcing your naked self to run back to your corpse while that jerk who killed you loots all your items. Still, there are some pretty annoying corpse runs in WoW, whether due to inconvenient graveyards, bugged-out death spawns, or simple geography. According to this thread, the top 5 worst corpse runs are (in ascending order of annoyance, since the blog software won't let me do a Letterman-style countdown):
- Blackwing Lair, Molten Core, UBRS, LBRS, or BRD. Not a long run, but probably the run everyone's done the most -- and we've all fallen into the giant pit in the middle and made 39 other people wait for us at some time.
- Razorfen Downs or Razorfen Kraul. Set yourself on autorun and get a cup of coffee.
- Coilfang Reservoir, particularly for Alliance. Am I the only person who can never see where they're going in the tunnel in ghost form?
- Getting back to C'thun before they added a teleport near the beginning of AQ40. A 100 percent speed mount usable inside, and it still took five minutes of running through what looks like intestines.
- The cave in Ravenswood in the northwestern part of Blade's Edge. Whoever designed that area should be forced to run through a maze with sharp pointy spikes on top of the walls until they collapse. I waited until I had a flying mount to do the zone since I had heard about the death runs, but dying in that cave is still a soulkiller.
What's your least favorite corpse run? Or what's the easiest? (Dying in Legion Hold in Shadowmoon Valley takes about 15 seconds for Horde, which is nice.)
Filed under: Breakfast Topics
A few other people on the server are having the same problem; any of you guys out there unable to return to the land of the living?