Earlier today, Blizzard's Zarhym posted some clarifications on the changes to Create Soulstone
that we can expect to see in Cataclysm
. I know a lot of warlocks and druids who are going to be very unhappy about this change. These mechanics are not fully implemented on beta yet.
- These limitations affect raid content only.
- One combat resurrection is allowed per boss attempt in 10-man raids (Rebirth or Soulstone).
- Three combat resurrections are allowed per boss attempt in 25-man raids (any combination of Rebirth and Soulstone).
- Accepting a combat resurrection is what counts towards the total accrued, not the cast.
- Create Soulstone has a 15-minute cooldown.
- Rebirth has a 10-minute cooldown.
Zarhym also hinted at the possibility of adding to the existing functionality of Soulstone by allowing one to be cast in combat on a deceased character, a change that would soften the blow ever so slightly for many raid leaders. Zarhym remained cagey when questioned about the ultimate fate of Reincarnation
, but it seems that reincarnating currently counts towards the attempt combat resurrection total. Whether this is a bug or a feature is yet to be determined.
The full blue posts are after the jump.
Read more →
Filed under: Raiding, Cataclysm