But it's back! Zac will be updating the travelogue with Cataclysm content, starting with his recent entry on Kezan. It examines the city itself and the story of the Bilgewater Cartel's entry to the Horde, but it also contains a few, shall we say, anthropological observations. ("I was relieved that no one died in the (footbomb) game I watched, a sentiment not shared by the audience.") You can hop into the travelogue at any point and get a feel for what Destron Allicant, its narrator, is all about, but I would recommend starting from the very beginning. Trust me: It will change how you experience the game, and for the better.
We've interviewed Zac previously, and if you're interested in getting some background information on how he's written the series, you'll find related articles here:
- Lisa's World of WarCrafts interview with Zac
- Forsaken narrators, MMO storytelling, and why the draenei are so scary
- Zac's notes on his characterization of all 12 races
- Narrative gaps, secondary characters, and Icecrown's unending bleakness
- Why players aren't necessarily "the good guys"