From Hollywood celebrities to the guy next door, millions of people have made
World of Warcraft a part of their lives. How do you play
WoW? We're giving each approach its own 15 Minutes of Fame.
the people who write all this stuff, and how did they come to start writing about World of Warcraft
every day? Being a WoW Insider writer is admittedly a pretty cool gig. Readers ask us what it's like
on a regular basis. Giving a single, accurate answer, however, would be a mighty difficult proposition. Some of us are full-timers, while others pen a single column each week; some of us spend most of our time behind the scenes, and some remain constantly before readers' eyes. Despite being scattered all across the world, we come together every day (well, it's more like a waxing and waning, 24-hour cycle) in the WoW Insider chat room (war room? newsroom? Pandora's box of geekery and chaos?) when we're working. Being on the WoW Insider team is a little like being part of an incredibly tight guild, whose members manage to share not only World of Warcraft
and many other interests in common but also their workdays, as well.
Although we do have an old, outdated series knocking around somewhere
that looks at members of the blogging team, we thought it was about time to give you a fresh look behind the scenes at WoW Insider. Without further ado, let's meet a tiny sampling of the people who work at WoW Insider:
- Zach Yonzon pens The Art of War(craft) every week and creates many of the graphic images you see on our home page, guides and posts.
- Matthew Rossi, one of the most seasoned hands on the WoW.com crew, is our resident warrior expert who also writes about game lore and general news.
- Michael Sacco, a senior editor, started writing at WoW.com after working at Blizzard itself.
- Alex Ziebart started out as a weekend blogger and is now a senior editor.
- Fox Van Allen joined WoW.com early this year and writes the shadow priest portion of our priest column.
- Lisa Poisso (that's me) started out writing the professions column three years ago and now works behind the scenes as an editor and turning out several weekly columns.
Read more →
Filed under: Interviews, 15 Minutes of Fame