Blizzard Community Manager Vaeflare has posted an excellent and highly informative blog over on the Heroes of the Storm official site, covering various aspects of the game from the player's angle. As ever, you can see the full blog after the break, but we're going to sum up a few of the key points here:
- Leveling up your account will give you access to new rewards, such as game modes, additional talents, hero quests, and more
- There will be a Free-to-play hero rotation of five heroes per week, updated every tuesday, increased to six when you hit level seven
- You can also try any hero at any time before buying it in a private map "try me" mode which allows you to fight minions, forts, and generally have a go with talents and abilities.
- Heroes will be purchased using gold, which you can earn in-game, starting from level five, or with real money.
- Levels are gained from XP, which is earned by playing and achieving things in-game, winning, playing with battle.net friends, completing daily and hero quests, and later, epic hero quests.
- You can also buy various skins. All skins come with two further tint slots. A hero's original tint is immediately available, and each of the two additional tints can be unlocked for individual heroes through Hero Quests.
- Every player will start with a basic Horse mount, all mounts but that one have the same tint system as with skins
- Skins and mounts are not purchasable with gold earned in-game, only with real money or via other means.
Filed under: Heroes of the Storm