Every week, WoW Insider brings you The Care and Feeding of Warriors
, the column dedicated to arms
and protection warriors
. Despite repeated blows to the head from dragons, demons, Old Gods and whatever that thing over there was, Matthew Rossi will be your host.
I admit the title is a fancy way for me to say I want to talk about a bunch of stuff, all related to warriors
without dedicating the entire column to one of the topics. These things I want to discuss include:
- The ridiculous dependence on crit to the exclusion of pretty much all other DPS stats for fury.
- Warrior tank threat/DPS and how it holds back the class.
- The ridiculous amount of hit on Throne of Thunder gear.
- Why I'm still annoyed that haste does nothing for protection warriors.
I know I've been flogging that haste for protection horse for a while, but it just irks
me to see two of the plate classes getting solid use out of haste/expertise or haste/mastery gear for their tank sets and we get nothing
. Considering point #2 for warrior tanks (namely, that our DPS and thus threat is just way behind the other tanks) I find it absolutely maddening to see haste be so completely useless for protection warriors. It doesn't give us resources at all, due to the way rage regenerates in Defensive Stance
- it doesn't even help us with our rage generators like Shield Slam and Revenge because haste does nothing for our GCD. I took a pair of haste legs for my tank set recently (they were still a huge upgrade, that's how bad my old tank legs were) and every time I look at that haste on them, and know I can't reforge all of it away, I get this lump in my gut where the snarky itemization elitist in me says haste? Really?
I hate that guy. I hate him even more because I know he's right. Haste has no business on my tanking gear because haste does nothing for a warrior tank. Nothing
. We don't even generate rage from our autoattacks, so the miniscule increase in attack speed doesn't even avail us.
Read more →
Filed under: Warrior, Analysis / Opinion, (Warrior) The Care and Feeding of Warriors, Mists of Pandaria