- The trade skill nodes were too dense in Deepholm and Twilight Highlands for mining and herbalism. Several have been removed.
- Players are no longer able to retain the 450 percent swim speed increase from the Abyssal Seahorse through devious, devious means.
- Players of the opposite faction can no longer kill the lures for the Seahorses. It's just mean and wrong. And mean.
Posts with tag hotfix
Filed under: News items
- Fishing daily quests in Stormwind and Orgrimmar have returned.
- Shield Slam's damage has been reduced by about 28 percent at level 15, with smaller but still noticeable reductions at higher levels.
- The title "Champion of [guildname]" can no longer be improperly awarded to players.
So just in time for Hallow's End, you hunters get 15 to 25 percent more damage on several signature abilities. I don't play a hunter myself, but I'm happy for y'all, as long as I don't end up in Sholazar with my wife camping some rare spawn parrot thing. I really don't understand you non-melee types, but I can't see a downside to more base damage here.
- Blood Queen Lana'thel will now begin her flight phase a little earlier in 25 player mode, Vampiric Bite is no longer mitigated by armor, and the damage of Vampiric Bite has been reduced.
- Toravon will now be affected appropriately by Area-of-Effect damage spells.
- The Frost Orb corpses in the Toravon encounter will now despawn faster.
Filed under: Bugs
We just made a hotfix that disables the siege damage dealt by Saronite Bombs and the Global Thermal Sapper Charge. The siege damage of the bombs was causing the Frozen Throne platform to rebuild, which greatly decreases the difficulty of the encounter.It is a longstanding tradition for end bosses to be exploited in the most hilariously awful of ways, so seeing something like this isn't all that surprising. Here's hoping nothing else like it crops up.
We'll reenable the siege damage in a later update when the issue with the Frozen Throne is fixed.
Update: Ensidia has released a statement regarding their use of this bug.
Update, take 2: Ensidia's raiding crew has received a 72-hour ban from the game (as well as loss of loot and achievements) for using Saronite Bombs to "bypass The Lich King fight mechanics."
- Blood Queen Lana'thel will only be available after the Blood Prince Council is defeated.
- Blood Queen Lana'thel's Essence has a longer duration.
- Kinetic Bombs no longer aggro Blood Queen Lana'thel during the Blood Princes encounter.
- Blood Queen Lanathel should no longer cast Vampiric Bite on pets.
- Prince Keleseth will no longer melee players. So if you get knocked into Keleseth or happen to move by him, he won't swipe in between his casts and kill a non-tank.
- The first Shadow Resonance should appear earlier in the fight, which will allow the Keleseth tank to have more orbs on him or her if Keleseth is empowered second instead of third. We didn't want which Blood Prince was empowered second to be a major element of the difficulty in the fight.
- We reduced the melee damage for the Princes by 10% for the 10 player difficulty. They were doing less damage than the 25 player before the hotfix, but this change lowers the damage further.
- Empowered Flames will now run out of power after shooting fewer firebolts in the 10 player difficulty. We did not change the initial impact damage.
Lady Deathwhisper is having her 25-man normal version changed (not the 10-man) to decrease her mana pool and to decrease the health on all the adds. This means that the shield will go down much faster for guilds currently struggling with that aspect of the encounter. Additionally, tanks get a bit of a buff here in that the Adherents will wait a little bit longer before casting, which means there will be more wiggle room in picking them up. We have a feeling the necessity of these changes will be hotly debated.
The ghost waves in Halls of Reflection have also been changed to allow for easier combinations of mobs (no more two mages in one group). The AoE the mage does will also do less damage and be more interruptable, which should make for an easier time staying grouped up.
The complete list of fixes after the break.
The changes to Ionar and Tharon'Ja in particular will make killing these bosses much less awkward in today's pugs. Back when Wrath was released DPS overall was much lower -- you'd be happy if you saw a DPS do 1500 on a boss fight. Because most people are so far beyond that, you spend more time running around doing nothing than actually fighting with an encounter like Ionar. Pretty nice changes for those of us chaining a few heroics every day.
The list of this round of changes include:
- Ionar, in the Halls of Lightning, will now only disperse once during the course of the fight.
- Prophet Tharon'Ja of Drak'Tharon will now only steal your flesh one time during the encounter.
- Players with the quest "Wrath of the Lich King" will now properly receive quest credit.
- Muradin and Saurfang will no longer gain stacks of Battlefury from totems. Additionally, the duration of Battlefury has also been reduced.
- Lord Marrowgar is now tauntable.
- The Looking For Group item level requirement for Halls of Reflection has been raised to match the difficulty of the encounters.
- Deathbringer Saurfang's Rune of Blood has been modified to heal 10 times the amount of damage dealt instead of 5 times the damage. This will make the encounter more difficult if you try to tank Saurfang with just one character. The tooltip does not reflect this change, but it will in a future patch.
In actuality, one could surmise that the drop rate was increased to combat some of the outrageous prices that we're seeing on the AH. 20,000 gold or more for a weapon that will be outdated in less than a year is a bit much.
- Quel'Delar in now unique equip.
- Naxxramas can now be cleared in any order for the Immortal and Undying achievements.
- The drop rate for the Battered Hilt has been increased.
- The Skeletal Slave in the Pit of Saron has had the ability to drop the Battered Hilt and other random drop epics removed.
- Hunger for Blood will increase damage by 10% instead of 15%. Assassination rogues needed damage, but they got too much, and this will bring them back. Sorry rogues -- the tooltip, we're also told, might not change right away.
- Scourge Strike will crit only once, not on the shadow portion of the damage. "This change just proved to be too bursty in PvP and provide too much sustained damage in raids." He also gives lots more explanation of the change on the forums -- this one will be discussed quite a bit.
- Rolling Corruptions will no longer use the initial haste value indefinitely. More of a bugfix than a change, says GC -- the haste value should drop out to normal after a few ticks of the spell.
Our tip lines have been buzzing recently with news about a tameable Worgen. If you haven't been paying attention, in short, Garwal (a quest NPC that starts as a wolf, but turns into a Worgen) could be tamed as a Worgen if you get your timing right, and then you'd have a very unusual pet following you around.
Note that I say "could be tamed," not "can": apparently Blizzard has hotfixed the NPC so that he can no longer be tamed, stating that they never intended players to have a humanoid pet. Players who have already tamed Garwal will find that they have no talents or abilities for him, nor can they feed or buff him rendering him effectively useless except as a vanity pet. I would expect him to be removed even as a vanity pet soon.