- Player characters are now guaranteed to have appropriate level Garrison Missons available for their followers according to their level range -- level 90-94, and level 95-99.
- Ashran has been temporarily disabled as a daily quest choice while issues with some of the daily quests are being troubleshooted.
- Players should no longer be incorrectly placed into a Molten Core run in which Ragnaros has already been defeated.
- Personal loot has returned, and in addition, each player in the group will now always receive an item from the final dungeon boss.
Posts with tag hotfixes
And apparently their voices have been heard, because it's back, baby. Rygarius posted a host of dungeon and raid hotfixes, including but not limited to the return of Need before Greed as the default loot system in dungeons. What else is happening?
- Completing your first Heroic Warlords dungeon nets you a reward of 50 Garrison Resources.
- The return of the Call to Arms feature for in-demand roles like tanks and healers.
- You will now once again be able to queue for dungeons from the Ashram cities of Stormshield and Warspear.
Yes, more hotfixes. This round has numerous garrison and quest bug fixes. They've also opened up the second Apexis Crystal vendor, and reverted an earlier PvP hotfix that was originally implemented to tone down PvP damage at level 90. Here are some of the highlights.
- Apexis Traders Dawn-Seeker Krek (Alliance) and Dawn-Seeker Alkset (Horde) are now offering Exceptional gear (item level 645) for sale.
- Increased the spawn rates for creatures and NPCs in the Skettis Ruins area in Spires of Arak.
- Characters with Warlords PvP gear that had its secondary item level activated due to being in PvP combat temporarily disqualifies them from queuing for Dungeons and Raid Finder.
- Gnomes are now able to increase their reputation with Wrynn's Vanguard.
- Reverted a hotfix from October 15 that reduced all PvP damage by 25%.
- Miner's Coffee movement speed buff should now stack correctly with other movement speed buffs.
- Solium Band rings can now be equipped at level 98 (down from level 100).
Filed under: Warlords of Draenor
The latest round of hotfixes is a big one, and as the realms recently underwent rolling restarts, everything in this list should now be applied. Here are some of the highlights.
- Resolved an issue where players could get stuck on a flight path while attempting to fly into their Garrisons.
- Increased the amount of experience awarded for completing a Draenor level-up dungeon (Bloodmaul Slag Mines, Iron Docs, Auchindoun, and Skyreach) to be more rewarding.
- Honor Quartermasters have been added to Ashran. Austin Feeney (Alliance) and Shadow Hunter Gar'ant (Horde) now sell Honor gear.
- An item now needs to be at least item level 560 or above before being eligible to be scaled up to 650 in level 100 Battlegrounds and Arenas.
- Profession work order items have been changed to green quality to reduce the amount of loot window popups when completing work orders.
Filed under: Warlords of Draenor
- The Lunarfall Inn and Frostwall Tavern have had a few of their quests adjusted to offer improved rewards.
- Several quests throughout Draenor have had their spawn and drop rates increased.
- Warlocks -- you may be tricky with your enslaving of demons, but both Felwrought Annihilator and Xanatos the Defiler can no longer be enslaved.
- Characters with over 600 skill in a profession should no longer continue to find catch-up items for those professions.
- Artificer Romuul: Resolved an issue where players may sometimes not receive this quest after completing the Embaari Defense Crystal event.
- These Colors Don't Run: Characters now receive credit towards planting a Frostwolf Banner when they defeat or help in defeating a Bladespire Ogre with the exception of Bladespire Mauler, Chef, Boarbuster, Ogron, and Goresnout.
- Collision geometry has been added to Drek'Thar, Thrall, and Gazlowe in Frostfire Ridge.
- Resolved an issue where Keg Smash may sometimes not generate Chi when used.
- Dark Enemies: Increased spawn rates for Shadowmoon Voidmancer.
- [Requires a realm restart.] Gormaul Tower: (Temporary) Completion credit for the quest is automatically awarded once players reach the top of the hill.
- Toy Train Set has been temporarily disabled.
The full hotfixes can be found below.
- Back to Work / Looking for Lumber: Greatly increased the number of trees available to mark for both Horde and Alliance versions of the quest. Additionally, Lunarfall Ravens respawn much more quickly now.
- Ship Salvage / What We Need: Drudgeboat Salvage should now respawn more quickly.
- Durotan at Beastwatch in Gorgrond is now significantly tougher.
UPDATE: Bashiok posted that Blizzard will be "restarting some Garrison services" to address access and progression issues. He also says that Blizzard has implemented "dozens of hotfixes" over the last few hours.
UPDATE 2: For those experiencing long queue times, this is working as intended. Bashiok has said that Blizzard is reducing realm population caps in order to address latency. Rygarius has posted a list of hotfixes for November 13.
UPDATE 3: Lore tweeted about the issues: "So obviously launch not going as smoothly as we wanted. Will be many discussions in the near future about what could have been done better. Right now, however, we're focusing 100% on just fixing issues so everyone can play. Can worry about what went wrong later."
UPDATE 4: Lore says fixes have been implemented for garrisons, but he recommends walking to your garrison instead of flying there or using a hearthstone.
Despite a mostly smooth launch so far, some realms are now experiencing major problems as more and more players crowd the servers. Garrisons on Argent Dawn, Cenarion Circle, Khadgar, and other realms are currently bugged and not always phasing properly. Twitter user @ikolism posted the image above of players in an unphased Horde garrison. Normally you're only supposed to see the players you've invited to your version of the fortress...
Players can become stuck inside their garrisons, or stuck outside and unable to "zone in." If the entire garrison server crashes when players are inside it, they are reportedly sent back to where their hearthstones are set. For many that means an unexpected trip back to Orgrimmar, Stormwind, or Pandaria.
High population realms, particularly in the EU, have experienced world server lag and crashes.
CM Lore tweeted an update on the problems, but did not provide an ETA:
Still working on server and garrison issues. Making some headway, exploring as many options as we can find.- Lore (@CM_Lore) November 13, 2014
- Hunter's tenacity pets saw a couple of fixes.
- Tenacity Pet Specialization: Blood of the Rhino now reduces the pet's physical damage taken by 15% instead of increasing armor by 20%.
- Tenacity Pet Specialization: Great Stamina now increases the pet's health by 60% (up from 12%).
- Priests saw a 15% nerf to Holy Nova's healing, while Divine Star's healing or damage (based on spec) was buffed by 15%
- Fixed an issue where Zidormi may send players to an incorrect phase in the Blasted Lands.
- Once a Challenge Mode has started, characters can no longer change specializations, talents, or glyphs.
You can stop pulling your hair out trying to complete the Brood of Alysrazor achievement for the Blazing Wings toy at the Darkmoon Faire. Up until these hotfixes, the fire rings were shared between players which made getting this achievement nearly impossible on a populated realm. All players should now have their own individual rings. I've personally had luck completing the achievement with this route. Here are some of the highlights from this round of hotfixes.
- Firebird's Challenge: Blazing Rings are no longer shared with other players.
- Moonfang should once again be tuned for level 90 players.
- Get Kraken!: Increased the health for North Sea Kraken by 1000%.
- Color blind shaders are back. New console command: /console colorblindsimulator [0-8].
- Resolved a frame rate stuttering issue that was affecting some Mac OS clients.
Filed under: News items
- Resolved an issue where durations for periodic effects were not always being extended for the full amount when refreshed by another ability.
- Downfall Wing 4: Resolved an issue where Gnomish Gyrocopters may not be destroying Thresher Turrets for Alliance players.
- Razorfen Kraul: Groyat, the Blind Hunter's Drain Life ability should no longer damage or heal for an excessive amount.
- Isle of Conquest: Huge Seaforium Bombs no longer have a level requirement to interact with them.
The first round of hotfixes for patch 6.0.3 are in. The list of fixes is a bit shorter than what we've been used to over the past couple of weeks, with no class or stat squish fixes this time around.
- Roll Club: Serpent's Spine should no longer cause players to float and allow them to complete the quest.
- Zarhym Altogether: Spirit Chests looted during the weekly quest no longer contains gold.
- World Defense chat channel should be joinable once again.
- Alliance characters taking a flight path to Shattered Beachhead should now arrive safely at their destination (rather than falling through the world).
- Bonus Honor for winning a Battleground is now only awarded when queuing for a Random Battleground (it was incorrectly awarding the bonus Honor for any Battleground win).
Filed under: News items
Blizzard continues to roll out hotfixes for patch 6.0.2 dealing with class issues and creature spells that didn't make the transition to the post-item squish world well enough. Nothing terribly special this time, but certainly some nice bugs taken care of that Druids will appreciate.
The full list is as follows:
Filed under: News items
- Many, many classes have had the damage of various spells and abilities increased.
- The Undelete Character feature is now in place, and players are now able to undelete their characters.
- A bug causing Raid Finder, Heroic, and Mythic items from the Siege of Orgrimmar to become Normal mode versions has been corrected.
- An issue affecting boosted players and their ability to learn talents has been resolved.