- Patch 5.4 PTR patch notes
- Virtual Realms announced
- Datamined NPC, mount and pet models
- Moonfang, a new dire wolf boss for the Darkmoon Faire
- Ilvl restrictions lifted for item enhancements
- Siege of Orgrimmar's dungeon journal entries
- New pets and a new pet battle tournament
- Stromgarde Keep as a new scenario
- New Challenge Mode titles
- Proposed initial ilvl changes for new raid difficulties
Posts with tag ilvl-requirements
Patch 5.4 has hit the PTR and a flurry of information regarding the latest patch has already been released. Featuring a new raid, patch 5.4 will also include a variety of new features that are quickly shaping up to be game-changers. Curious about all the new stuff? Take a look at our coverage for more information on patch 5.4 and the upcoming content.
First, you need to have a level 90 character. If you don't have one yet, it's okay: the experience required to level from 1-85 was significantly reduced when Mists of Pandaria was released, so you'll be able to catch up quickly. Once you reach 85, hop over to Pandaria and enjoy the new quests. You'll gain a level for each zone you clear, more or less. You can also run some normal mode 5-man dungeons if you'd like, though go easy; you'll be running the heroic versions quite frequently at 90.
Second, you'll want a DPS spec and a good set of starter gear for it. Completing the Dread Wastes or Townlong Steppes quests will get you outfitted; if you don't have DPS gear laying around to actually complete the quests, Len of Arms will happily sell you a set of 408's to get going. You can also search the auction house; many blue BoE's in the ilvl 430-450 range are listed frequently, for pretty reasonable prices.
Filed under: Mists of Pandaria