Posts with tag jaraxxus
Still the best Mr. Voletron song. Link Thorim all you want -- you know I'm right.
Do you think Blizzard will ever get rid of the requirement of being in a raid group in order to enter a raid instance? It would be nice to solo old content without having to ask someone to group with you just to get in the door.
No only do I hope that Blizzard gets rid of the requirement for raid groups, especially for old raids that we can solo, but I hope that Blizzard gets rid of some of the heroic lockouts for doing Burning Crusade and Wrath content more than once a day. Farming for certain transmog weapons and specific pieces is a pain in the butt when you've got one shot at the boss a day.
Filed under: The Queue
Each week Dominic Hobbs brings you Blood Pact. "Alert! You are marked for extermination! Calculating force parameters... Alternative measure commencing..." ~ Void Reaver
Having been a raid leader for a long time now, I'm very keen for everyone in my raids to be aware of the strategy we plan to execute. I get pretty frustrated when people deviate from it. I'm also interested in the theory and maths involved in maximizing gear choices and spell selections. When changes to warlock spell mechanics come along I always try and calculate the impact this would have on my gameplay -- and then do some research to find out what I missed or miscalculated. I believe that entering a boss fight with these things prepared is the foundation of good raiding.
You can't live on foundations though, you need a house. Being able to execute a perfect, DPS-maximizing spell rotation on a target dummy doesn't fully prepare you for dealing with a more chaotic situation. Knowing the strategy for a fight can still leave you floundering when something forces a change to your expectations. Today I want to have a look at how to prepare for the unscripted, how to be a raider and not just a robot.
- MrVoletron is at it again over on Youtube, coming to us with a Jaraxxus remix this time around. People have been requesting this one endlessly from the poor guy, and I must say, he did a good job with it. Utterly hilarious.
- This past week, Blog Azeroth's Shared Topic was RPG Nostalgia, with many World of Warcraft bloggers throwing in their two cents. What's yours?
- The new information released today on Icecrown access progression makes this post a little outdated, but it's a good read nonetheless: Matticus makes a case for the limited attempts approach in raiding.
- Slice and Dice teaches fledgling rogues the difference between Envenom and Eviscerate.
- OutDPS strikes again with their great hunter content, this time with a guide to timing your cooldowns.