Posts with tag lfd
Preimbias is pretty thorough about thanking the people who have served as his inspiration, like Yumfries, Irdeen and Oblivious Films. I think that speaks pretty highly of Preimbias and probably means he's taking his machinima efforts fairly seriously. That makes me hopeful of what we'll see next.
Filed under: WoW Moviewatch
Last night, the Choose My Adventure gang ventured into their first random dungeon groups. Our experience was mixed bag, with really great tanks and healers. There was also a greedy, fear-using, DPS priest guy who ended the night by telling us he loved us, but not in that way. This is why today's TDQ is all about the Dungeon Finder.
- The Mana Obscura talks about Escaping the Vortex of Suck.
- Forever a Noob chronicles Using the LFD to level.
- Troll Racials are Overpowered is sick of people whining about bad PUGs.
- The Hunter's Mark complains about How LFD Killed Navigational Awareness and includes a comprehensive, map-filled guide for getting to instances.
Filed under: The Daily Quest
Tinwhisker sent us this link to a set of entertaining PUG bingo cards on the official forums, made by Cruce of Scarlet Crusade. While I'm not sure I would actually have gotten bingo on any single run, some of the squares have certainly happened in many of my runs:
- A pure DPS class doing triple digit DPS (especially Death Knights; sorry to all the good DKs out there).
- RankWatch. Almost every run.
- Three or more members are "the Patient." I guess it's nice to show that they have some PuG experience, but that just makes egregious failures that much more disappointing.
- Someone starts on a mob the tank hasn't even hit yet. More often than not.
- Melee DPS attacking from the front. It's really not that hard, folks.
One thing I'd add to the list is people protesting that they don't take the game that seriously when you give them advice, like that they might want to put up diseases before using other strikes on their DK. You don't have to break out the spreadsheets, but there's a certain minimum effort to not be letting everyone else in your group down.
What do you guys think of this bingo set? Going to print out a few sheets to keep you entertained during those long, cold dungeon runs? Are there any squares you'd add?
Filed under: Instances