- Patch 5.4 PTR patch notes
- Virtual Realms announced
- Datamined NPC, mount and pet models
- Moonfang, a new dire wolf boss for the Darkmoon Faire
- Ilvl restrictions lifted for item enhancements
- Siege of Orgrimmar's dungeon journal entries
- New pets and a new pet battle tournament
- Stromgarde Keep as a new scenario
- New Challenge Mode titles
- Proposed initial ilvl changes for new raid difficulties
Posts with tag moonfang
Patch 5.4 has hit the PTR and a flurry of information regarding the latest patch has already been released. Featuring a new raid, patch 5.4 will also include a variety of new features that are quickly shaping up to be game-changers. Curious about all the new stuff? Take a look at our coverage for more information on patch 5.4 and the upcoming content.
Among the data mined from patch 5.3 is a potential new addition to the Darkmoon Faire: a new boss. In the current PTR build, the boss's name seems to be Moonfang. In the full version of the picture above (which can be found on MMO-Champion), you can see a crescent moon that floats above Moonfang's head.
Chances are good this new dire wolf will work similarly to the Darkmoon Rabbit added back in patch 5.0.4, which is a ferocious world boss despite its unassuming appearance. Like the Darkmoon Rabbit, this new dire wolf boss appears to drop a battle pet: Moon Moon.
In addition to the battle pet, Moonfang will also drop Moonfang's Paw. Moonfang's Paw is a statless vanity fist weapon to be used in transmogrification.
Filed under: News items