Curious, I pulled out my old original manual. Here's some tips straight from the original release of World of Warcraft, when Magister's Terrace was a twinkle in a dev's eye, and Icecrown was just a level in Warcraft III, that aren't applicable any more:
- Pallies are only available to Alliance races and Shamans are Horde only.
- As Guymember points out, the manual says you will lose significant experience on death (but not so much as to lose a level).
- Only the Priests, Shamans and Paladins have resurrection spells.
- Attack Rating increases your chance of hitting a target with a weapon.
- As a first level priest, your maximum skill level in holy magic is five. As you cast holy spells, your holy skill will max out until you level up and the cap increases.