For the past several weeks, people have constantly been asking where patch 3.3.4 is. Right now we're at patch 3.3.3
, and Soon™ we'll be basking in the Ruby Sanctum
with patch 3.3.5
. We seem to have missed an entire numeral! Clearly this is a sign of the end times, shows how Ghostcrawler is really slapping us all in the face and how the "B team" is so special
that they can't count to five without screwing things up.
Blizzard just skips numbers all the time.
- Patch 2.2.0 lead directly into patch 2.2.2
- Patch 2.3.0 lead directly into patch 2.3.2
- Patch 3.0.3 lead directly into patch 3.0.5
- Patch 3.0.5 lead directly into patch 3.0.8
- Patch 3.2.0a lead directly into patch 3.2.2
- Patch 3.3.0a lead directly into patch 3.3.2
So why was 3.3.4 skipped? Your guess is as good as mine, as long as your guess is that they've left 3.3.4 open in case they need to do an emergency client patch to fix some major error. Just like they have in the past.
Filed under: Analysis / Opinion