- Players are once again free to dance in combat. Be sure to equip your dancing shoes before you fight, okay?
- Vanessa VanCleef now has a "sweet, sweet voice" for all her dialogue in heroic Deadmines.
- The achievement "Bear-ly Made It" has been added for those that save all four prisoners in Zul'Aman on heroic difficulty.
Posts with tag patch-4.2-update
Fresh from the official Warcraft blog, we've got another round of patch 4.2 hotfixes, courtesy of Blizzard Community Representative Zarhym. Today's notes include some class changes, including a few tweaks to the priest class, some new voices and a new achievement. Also included is the unnerfing of fun, for those who enjoy dancing in combat:
Follow after the break for the full list of notes.
Patch 4.2 is looking pretty promising on the content front, what with new raids, new dailies -- and oh yes, a legendary staff on the horizon. Today we've got some updates to the Patch 4.2 PTR notes, courtesy of Zarhym over on the official Warcraft blog. Included are a ton of notes for druids, paladins and shaman, among other classes, some changes to the way buffs are applied and some changes to the guild leveling system.
- All class abilities that place a buff on friendly targets no longer generate threat, with the exception of buffs that directly cause healing or damage, such as Thorns or Renew.
- When interrupted while casting a single-spell school, players will now be able to cast dual-school spells. In other words, if you're interrupted casting Frostbolt, you'll still be able to cast Frostfire Bolt despite being locked out of the Frost school.
- The daily guild experience cap and weekly guild reputation cap have been increased by 25% -- and the guild experience cap is now removed at level 20 instead of level 23.
Follow after the break for the full list of patch notes.
This post contains patch 4.2 spoilers.
Filed under: Cataclysm
Here's what we know about the new patch 4.2 legendary so far:
- Preliminary stats for Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa's Rest and its lesser versions (Branch of Nordrassil; Runestaff of Nordrassil) have been revealed (courtesy of Wowhead News). Dragonwrath itself will be an ilevel 404 two-hander with 440 points of intellect, 689 stamina, 324 points of hit, 256 points of crit, 2,633 spellpower, and three red slots (with a +30 intellect slot bonus).
- Once a guild completes the staff, its members will obtain Lil' Tarecgosa, a companion pet.
- Per the Dragonwrath preview offered by Blizzard a few weeks ago, obtaining the staff will require the completion of an "epic questline" that can only be started by players who have completed all three of the currently existing Cataclysm raid instances.
- The staff lets its holder transform into a blue dragon. Awesome.
The news is already rolling out for the upcoming WoW Patch 4.2! Preview the new Firelands raid, marvel at the new legendary staff, and get the inside scoop on new quest hubs -- plus new Tier 12 armor!
Filed under: News items