Thanks, most likely, in no small part to the relatively recent arrival of Brian Holinka, a Blizzard recruit whose sole job it is to rework PvP, patch 5.2 is bringing in some seriously chunky PvP changes. We've spoken in the past of Blood Sport about the changes coming to PvP gear, and those begin in earnest when the PvP season starts on Tuesday. If you don't want to re-read the old article, the summary is as follows:
There will be four tiers of gear
- Dreadful -- item level 458 crafted gear;
- Malevolent -- ilvl 476, purchased with honor.
- Tyrannical -- ilvl 493, purchased with conquest, and with honor in patch 5.3, once the player has earned 27,000 conquest in the season. Weapons are exempt from the points requirement come patch 5.3;
- Elite Tyrannical -- ilvl 515, purchased with conquest only after earning 27,000 conquest points in the season.
- There will no longer be any rating requirement to purchase any gear
- Players with higher ratings will still have a higher conquest cap
- A dramatically increased catch-up cap will be implemented with patch 5.3