- Vengeance now has diminishing returns while tanking multiple targets -- each additional target grants progressively less Vengeance.
- All enemies in the Throne of Thunder now have a debuff called Shado-Pan Onslaught, which reduces their health and damage by 20%.
- Heroic Scenarios no longer have a minimum ilvl requirement to enter.
Posts with tag patch-notes
- Players looking for the Timeless Isle on the PTR should check their mailbox -- a Curious Ticking Parcel has been delivered to you.
- Druids, you have a new minor glyph, Glyph of One With Nature, that will grant you the ability to teleport to a random natural location -- among many other glyphs and glyph updates.
- Rogues, Evasion now increases dodge chance by 100% instead of 50%.
- Shaman, you have a whole ton of new glyphs, both major and minor. How about summoning a Rain of Frogs? Yes, you heard that correctly.
- Druids and Death Knights using spells that take them to training areas (Moonglade and the Ebon Hold) will now find that casting Teleport: Moonglade or Death Gate will return them to a location near their original departure point.
- Hunters -- Readiness has been removed, and Disengage and Deterrence both now have two charges.
- Battle Pet training cost and the price of pets sold by Battle Pet Trainers have both been greatly reduced!
- Death Knights, Scent of Blood now also has a chance to activate when you dodge or parry a melee attack.
- Hunters, Counter Shot is now a baseline interrupt ability learned at level 22.
- Rogues, Burst of Speed's cost has been reduced to 15 energy, down from 30 energy.
Filed under: News items
- Every taunt ability now increases all threat generated against the target by 200% while the taunt is active.
- Those who participate in PvP Pet Battles should happily note that round timers will get progressively shorter for a player who takes more than 15 seconds to issue a command during their turn.
- Any battle pet that could be rewarded from a Throne of Thunder boss in LFR will now be able to be won from a bonus roll as well.
- Patch 5.4 PTR patch notes
- Virtual Realms announced
- Datamined NPC, mount and pet models
- Moonfang, a new dire wolf boss for the Darkmoon Faire
- Ilvl restrictions lifted for item enhancements
- Siege of Orgrimmar's dungeon journal entries
- New pets and a new pet battle tournament
- Stromgarde Keep as a new scenario
- New Challenge Mode titles
- Proposed initial ilvl changes for new raid difficulties
- Flex raiding, which we've already been introduced to.
- Proving Grounds will finally be making its debut in patch 5.4
- New Feature: Virtual Realms. Virtual realms are sets of realms that have been fused together and will behave exactly as if they were one cohesive realm. Say what? You heard me!
- The Strength of One's Foes: All bosses in Mogu'shan Vaults, Heart of Fear, and Terrace of the Endless Spring now have a chance to drop either a Sigil of Power or Sigil of Wisdom
- Minimum level requirement to enter and equip items found in the following dungeons via Dungeon Finder have been adjusted.
- Gate of the Setting Sun is now available in Normal difficulty, and accessible to level 89 characters.
- Grim Batol is now accessible at level 84, down from level 85.
- Lost City of the Tol'vir is now accessible at level 84, down from level 85.
- Magisters' Terrace is now accessible at level 68, down from level 70.
- The Mechanar is now accessible at level 68, down from level 70.
- PvP Power conversion ratio to obtain 1% damage at level 90 has been changed from 265 to 400.
- To facilitate a more balanced team composition, players now need to select a role when queuing up for a Battleground or Rated Battleground.
- Justice Heirloom vendors now have Heirloom shields in stock.
Filed under: Mists of Pandaria
- Experience needed to increase from level 85 to level 90 has been reduced by 33%.
- Players no longer need to have defeated Grand Empress Shek'zeer to enter the Terrace of Endless Spring in Normal difficulty.
- Reduced the number of Lesser Charms of Good Fortune needed for the Mogu Runes of Fate weekly quest to 50, down from 90.
Hit the break for the full notes.
Filed under: News items
- Gargoyles, Forces of Nature, Mirror Images, Water Elementals, Searing Totems, Doomguards, Terrorguards and Wild Imps all will now chain cast their spells with no delay between casts.
- Creatures that are level 90 and above should now have a chance to drop Lesser Charms of Good Fortune, in case you weren't getting enough of the things elsewhere.
- Owners of the Teldrassil Sproutling, Ruby Sproutling or Withers will note that the Shell Shield ability for these pets has been replaced with a new ability: Ironbark. It's very successful.
- There's now a Blacktalon Quartermaster in the Tavern of the Mists for players who need to get a previous legendary quest reward (such as a gem for a Sha-Touched Weapon) for a new item.
- Several mage changes - Blazing Speed drops to the level 15 tier (with a whole lot of changes to the tooltip, it seems), and Flameglow, a new talent replaces Blazing Speed at the level 30 tier, and more. Scorch is now baseline, available to all fire mages. There seems to be a significant amount of reverted changes here.
- Light's Hammer now applies a 50% snare for 2 seconds.
- Evangelism's stacking buff now applies to Penance as well.
Given that I have been talking the past few weeks about unholy's woes and some things Blizzard will probably never give us, I wanted to spend this week talking about some of the good things Blizzard has given us. Luckily, Blizzard decided to give us the greatest Christmas gift of all: Meaningful balance and mechanics changes to the unholy death knight on the upcoming patch 5.2 PTR.
Plague Strike delivers both diseases
Applying diseases when Outbreak is on cool down has been one of the most awkward parts of playing unholy ever since Scourge Strike was switched to a single rune model. Applying via the usual Plague Strike/Icy Touch model leaves orphaned runes that cannot easily be spent on a standard strike that fits into the basic unholy priority system, throwing off the rotation in a pretty jarring manner and making fights with multiple target switches a bit of a pain. However, in patch 5.2, Ebon Plaguebringer will allow Plague Strike to apply both Frost Fever and Blood Plague.
The most interesting element of these notes to me is the updates to the loss of control notifications. Those red cooldown swipes, which didn't seem to be present in the PTR, were seriously irritating to those of the playerbase who didn't care for them, and couldn't previously be switched off.
It will be interesting to see whether these fast patches are a sign of things to come, or simply a renaming of hotfixes!
Mists of Pandaria is here! The level cap has been raised to 90, many players have returned to Azeroth, and pet battles are taking the world by storm. Keep an eye out for all of the latest news, and check out our comprehensive guide to Mists of Pandaria for everything you'll ever need to know.
- Scenarios now include Dungeon Finder queue features, including leaders, backfill, vote to kick, and deserter debuffs. Roles are still not required.
- Raid groups are no longer required to enter pre-Mists of Pandaria raid dungeons. Get to farming!
- Speaking of old raid dungeons, a variety of new pets have been added to old raid bosses.
- For fans of Pet Battles, be sure to check out the new Battle-stones, used to upgrade the quality of pets.
Read on for the full list of patch notes for patch 5.1.
Filed under: Mists of Pandaria