- Many of the items being sold by Misterweaver Ai on the Timeless Isle have had their item level cap raised to 489, up from 476. This change is retroactive to any of these items that have already been purchased -- no worries!
- In arenas, Dampening is now being applied at the 5-minute mark instead of the 10-minute mark.
- In Alterac Valley, Stormpike, Balinda, Galvangar and Drek'thar are all now immune to disarm, daze, and Death Grip.
Posts with tag patch-notes
Filed under: Hearthstone Insider
- You are now able to abandon one quest per day. When you abandon a quest, you'll receive a new, random quest in its place.
There are also drastic changes to the ranking system, minions and portraits have been added, and the "seasons" last for a month. You now win and lose stars for winning and losing games, and once you hit the top 10,000 players you'll have your specific ranking displayed.
A lot has changed! Hit the break for the full notes.
Filed under: Hearthstone Insider
- In the Galakras encounter, a situation that caused demolition NPCs to stop opening the door to the towers has been resolved.
- An issue causing players not to receive credit towards the Drop It! and Drop It Now! achievements has been resolved.
- Crashin' Thrashin' Flyers and MiniZeps should now be able to damage each other while in sanctuary areas.
This evening Blizzard released the official patch notes for Patch 5.4: Siege of Orgrimmar. They're pretty much what one would expect after months of testing ... long, detailed, and they contain all the juicy details that made it into the patch's final version.
Read on for the details about this massive patch; it's absolutely huge. As a reminder expect downtime tomorrow until at least 10am PDT -- and don't be surprised at all if it goes longer.
New Raid: Siege of Orgrimmar
- The tensions stoked by Garrosh Hellscream's arrogance have reached a boiling point with the devastation unleashed upon the Vale of Eternal Blossoms. Now it's time for leaders of the Alliance and Horde to lay siege to Hellscream's capital and topple the ruthless Warchief once and for all!
- Siege of Orgrimmar contains 14 new encounters across four expansive wings as members of the Horde and Alliance take the war directly to Garrosh's doorstep.
- Learn more about the new encounters in Patch 5.4 Raid Preview: Siege of Orgrimmar.
- Siege of Orgrimmar supports the following difficulty modes: Normal, Heroic, Raid Finder, and (new) Flexible Raid.
- Information on the availability of each difficulty can be found in the Siege of Orgrimmar Raid Schedule.
- This is a new raid difficulty designed for pre-made groups of 10 to 25 players or any number in between. This means it's possible to have raids of 15 or 22 players! Difficulty will adjust automatically based on the number of players present with encounters intended to provide a challenge roughly between Raid Finder and Normal difficulty.
- Flexible Raid difficulty requires a pre-made group to join but has no minimum item level requirements or role restrictions. Both BattleTag™ and Real ID friends are eligible to participate.
- Loot quality will be between Raid Finder and Normal difficulty and awarded through a personal loot system (similar to Raid Finder). Bonus rolls and loot specialization will also be supported.
- Player spells with different target limits depending on raid size will gradually increase their limits based on the number of players in Flexible Raid difficulty.
- Players will be able to earn raid achievements just like in Normal or Heroic difficulty.
- Flexible Raid difficulty has a lockout that is separate from Raid Finder and Normal difficulty.
- To learn more about Flexible Raids, please visit our blog titled: A Raid for All Seasons: Flexible Raid Preview.
- A mysterious island, lost for millennia to the currents of time, has emerged from the mists off the eastern coast of Jade Forest.
- Players seeking to explore the Timeless Isle should visit their faction's shrine in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms.
- The Timeless Isle is inhabited by all manner of strange and powerful creatures that will test the mettle of solo explorers, but great rewards await the brave and skillful: epic loot, bind-to-account gear, Mogu Runes of Fate, pets, mounts, fun toys, and much more.
- The Isle is filled with secrets and mysteries, many of which dynamically become available to explorers. Keep an eye on your minimap while on the Isle for information on nearby events!
- The Timeless Isle is home to five new world raid bosses! Players may face each of the four Celestials in a trial of combat.
- Heroes who have earned the legendary cloak from Wrathion may access the sanctum of the fiery Yaungol demigod Ordos, atop the Timeless Isle.
- The first eight bosses in the Siege of Orgrimmar raid all have a chance to drop a Sigil of Power, Sigil of Wisdom, Secrets of the Empire, or Titan Runestone. This is in addition to their normal loot table, and the items will drop according to what step of Wrathion's quest you happen to be completing.
- Items that were formerly obtainable with Valor Points that have been changed to cost Justice Points, as well as gear from new PvP recipes or plans will now disenchant into Sha Crystal Fragments. Multiple Fragments can be combined into a Sha Crystal.
- Fishing fanatics, don't worry -- the Jewel Danio formerly swimming happily in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms have now been relocated to the Timeless Isle.
- Vengeance now has diminishing returns while tanking multiple targets -- each additional target grants progressively less Vengeance.
- All enemies in the Throne of Thunder now have a debuff called Shado-Pan Onslaught, which reduces their health and damage by 20%.
- Heroic Scenarios no longer have a minimum ilvl requirement to enter.
- Players looking for the Timeless Isle on the PTR should check their mailbox -- a Curious Ticking Parcel has been delivered to you.
- Druids, you have a new minor glyph, Glyph of One With Nature, that will grant you the ability to teleport to a random natural location -- among many other glyphs and glyph updates.
- Rogues, Evasion now increases dodge chance by 100% instead of 50%.
- Shaman, you have a whole ton of new glyphs, both major and minor. How about summoning a Rain of Frogs? Yes, you heard that correctly.
- Druids and Death Knights using spells that take them to training areas (Moonglade and the Ebon Hold) will now find that casting Teleport: Moonglade or Death Gate will return them to a location near their original departure point.
- Hunters -- Readiness has been removed, and Disengage and Deterrence both now have two charges.
- Battle Pet training cost and the price of pets sold by Battle Pet Trainers have both been greatly reduced!
- Death Knights, Scent of Blood now also has a chance to activate when you dodge or parry a melee attack.
- Hunters, Counter Shot is now a baseline interrupt ability learned at level 22.
- Rogues, Burst of Speed's cost has been reduced to 15 energy, down from 30 energy.
Filed under: News items
- Every taunt ability now increases all threat generated against the target by 200% while the taunt is active.
- Those who participate in PvP Pet Battles should happily note that round timers will get progressively shorter for a player who takes more than 15 seconds to issue a command during their turn.
- Any battle pet that could be rewarded from a Throne of Thunder boss in LFR will now be able to be won from a bonus roll as well.
- Patch 5.4 PTR patch notes
- Virtual Realms announced
- Datamined NPC, mount and pet models
- Moonfang, a new dire wolf boss for the Darkmoon Faire
- Ilvl restrictions lifted for item enhancements
- Siege of Orgrimmar's dungeon journal entries
- New pets and a new pet battle tournament
- Stromgarde Keep as a new scenario
- New Challenge Mode titles
- Proposed initial ilvl changes for new raid difficulties
- Flex raiding, which we've already been introduced to.
- Proving Grounds will finally be making its debut in patch 5.4
- New Feature: Virtual Realms. Virtual realms are sets of realms that have been fused together and will behave exactly as if they were one cohesive realm. Say what? You heard me!
- The Strength of One's Foes: All bosses in Mogu'shan Vaults, Heart of Fear, and Terrace of the Endless Spring now have a chance to drop either a Sigil of Power or Sigil of Wisdom
- Minimum level requirement to enter and equip items found in the following dungeons via Dungeon Finder have been adjusted.
- Gate of the Setting Sun is now available in Normal difficulty, and accessible to level 89 characters.
- Grim Batol is now accessible at level 84, down from level 85.
- Lost City of the Tol'vir is now accessible at level 84, down from level 85.
- Magisters' Terrace is now accessible at level 68, down from level 70.
- The Mechanar is now accessible at level 68, down from level 70.
- PvP Power conversion ratio to obtain 1% damage at level 90 has been changed from 265 to 400.
- To facilitate a more balanced team composition, players now need to select a role when queuing up for a Battleground or Rated Battleground.
- Justice Heirloom vendors now have Heirloom shields in stock.
Filed under: Mists of Pandaria