- Haste: Haste has been rebalanced. It has returned to the ratios from the launch of Burning Crusade. Melee attacks and spell casts will now benefit at identical rates from haste. This change results in a reduction in the benefit of haste for melee attacks and an increase in the benefit for spellcasters.
- Increased the duration of the Mystical Skyfire Diamond's cast speed buff to 10 seconds.
- Flask of Shadow Fortification will transform into the Flask of Pure Death. This new flask increases Frost, Fire, and Shadow spell damage.
- Flask of Arcane Fortification will transform into the Flask of Blinding Light. This new flask increases Holy, Nature, and Arcane spell damage.
- A new flask that increases all resists and stats has been added to the Violet Eye reputation vendor.
Posts with tag patchnotes
- [Jewelcrafting] A new recipe for Steady Talasite is now available from the Halaa vendors, at the cost of research tokens. This superior green gem grants resilience and stamina.
- [Blacksmithing] Added a new recipe for Ragesteel Shoulders that drops from an unknown creature in Shadowmoon Valley.
- [Blacksmithing] Reduced the number of pieces required to get the benefits of the Ragesteel set bonus.
- [Engineering] Reduced the cooldown on the engineer-made Parachute Cloak.
- Banish the Demons now rewards either a Darkrune or a Fragmented Darkrune. Five fragmented Darkrunes can be combined to create a Darkrune.
- In the Bomb Them Again quest, the cooldown of the Skyguard bombs was decreased to 5 seconds (was 10).
- In the Relic's Emanation quest, the money reward was decreased while the Ogri'la faction reward was increased.
So now, imagine if you will, that you have the golden opportunity to design a future WoW patch, creatively entitled "Patch 2.U." You are now the temporary chief of the Blizzard Development team. You sit in your throne room and dictate what the contents of the next patch will be!... But only for about 5 minutes -- then you have to step down from your throne and put the chief's hat on the next person in line. Then that person gets to dictate the patch notes, making any changes they see fit.
Let's say you can choose 5 items for your own personal patch notes here; what changes or new features would be most important to you? If you see any changes from commenters above you which you absolutely can't abide, feel free to change them back. This will probably give us an example of the absolute chaos this game would be if players were actually in charge, but it could be pretty interesting. Be sure to check out the "Guide to Writing Fake Patch Notes," and then... patch away!
[Patch note funnies by Penny Arcade!]
Here's a few of the highlights:
* Changed flight points to make them go the scenic route more often
* Adjusted flight point costs to reflect the longer distances. Longer distances = more money.
* Poor players will no longer be able to speak. Sorry. No begging or gold website advertising.
* Will of the Forsaken will be removed, due to popular opinion. Replacing it will be Emo Feelings of the Forsaken, which makes the /dance emote cooler. I mean, coolioo.
So for a Forum thread that is full of silly fun (or perhaps just full of weird, depending on your sense of humor) head on over to the Shaman forums and check the "2.2 patch notes" out.
[via the Shaman Forums]
World of Warcraft Client Patch 2.1.1
- Players will now be able to properly destory the infernals in the quest, "The Fel and the Furious"
- Gladiator's Plate Legguards: Fixed a graphical display error.
- Fixed a bug that caused some systems to see terrain holes appear in the distance.
- Stackable items retrieved from mail will no longer automatically stack in your inventory. This has been disabled pending a future patch fix.
- Players will no longer see the flickering terrain issues that were introduced with 2.1.0 when the LOD system is enabled.
Tempest Keep: The Botanica
- Bloodwarder Protector's Crystal Strike may now be dodged and parried.
- Tempest-Forge Peacekeepers now deal Physical melee damage instead of Arcane, and now longer perform the Arcane Blast ability on Heroic difficulty.
- The duration of Vial of Poison has been reduced significantly.
- Greater Frayer's do more damage in Heroic difficulty.
- Nethervine Reapers and Inciters' damage has been reduced in Heroic difficulty.
- Thorngrin the Tender's damage has been reduced in Heroic difficulty.
- Mutate Fleshlasher's damage has bene reduced in Heroic difficulty.
- The Sunseeker Gene-Splicer's Death & Decay will occur less frequently and the damage has been reduced on Heroic difficulty.
- Mutat Fear-Shrieker and Mutate Horror hit points are reduced
- Warp Splinter's Arcane Volley damage has been reduced on Heroic.
- The Bloodwarder Protector's involved in the fight with the Mutate Horror's and Mutate Fear-Shrieker's in The Botanica no longer remain at 1 health and will properly be killed
- Bloodwarder Physicians now have more mana.
- Nethermancer Sepethrea will no longer break nearby players' stealth when engaged.
- Protean Nightmare,and Arcatraz Defenders damage has been reduced in Heroic difficulty.
- There are less Arcatraz Sentinel corpses in the dungeon.
- Zereketh the Unbound's Seed of Corruption will not knock players back as far.
- Zereketh's melee damage has been reduced on Heroic difficulty.
- Zereketh's Shadow Nova and the Death Watcher's Death Blastdamage has been reduced..
- The Arcatraz Sentinel's Energy Discharge damage has been reduced..
- Negaton Screamer and Negatron Warp-Master melee damage has been reduced on Heroic difficulty.
- Eredar Deathbringer's Diminish Soul damage has been reduced.
- Eredar Soul-Eater's Soul Chill damage has been significantly reduced.
- Skulking Witch's Chastise ability damage has been reduced on Heroic difficulty.
- The Unbound Devastator will no longer be able to use the Devastate and Deafening Roar abilities at the same time. A small shared cooldown has been added to both abilities.
- Ethereum Wave-Casters, Ethereum Life-Binder, and Gargantuan Abyssal melee damage has been reduced on Heroic difficulty.
- Unchained Doombringer's War Stomp now deals less damage.
- Harbinger Skyriss's Mind Rend will be used less frequently and the damage has been reduced.
- Harbinger Skyriss's Domination duration has been changed to 6 seconds.
- Harbinger Skyriss's Mana Burn drain has been reduced on Heroic.
- Akkiris Lightning-Waker's Lightning Discharge damage has been reduced on Heroic.
- There are fewer Protean Nightmares roaming the halls of the Arcatraz.
- Players will now be able to access the Looking For Group Channel by joining the Looking For Group/Looking for More tool.
- Using abilities and casting spells that cannot be used while mounted will now auto-dismount players as needed. This can be disabled by turning off the auto-dismount option in the UI options.
- Spells that have reagent costs will show the number of uses left in the lower right corner of the action icon, just like consumable items on the action bar.
- Holding down the shift key while mousing over an equippable item that you can use will now show you the tooltip for the item you currently have equipped in that slot as well (much like how the auction house currently works).
- The network performance meter now shows framerate and how much memory AddOns are using.
- You can socket items while in flight.
- When consuming reagents or using items on the action bar, smaller stacks will be used before larger stacks.
- Players who feign death no longer appear dead to party and raid members and friendly spells will not be interrupted.
- Sending item links with invalid enchantments will disconnect you.
- Equippable items displayed as quest rewards will always show you the tooltip of the item you are currently wearing in that slot.
- The area of interest while on a flight path is farther along the path instead of in front of you.
- Your current target will now display all of the duration based spells that you have cast on them with cooldown rings so you will know how much longer they will last. Very useful for warlock damage over time spells and druid healing over time spells as well as many others.
- Raid Windows now remember their position in the gamefield between sessions.
- A Main tank and Main assist window have been added to the raid UI that can be pulled out into the gamefield. These windows automatically show the main tank/main assist's target by default.
- Profession UI now has a search field. Text that is entered into the search field searches against item names, reagent names and item levels (if you include a level). For instance you can type Peace into the search field to see all of your recipes that use Peacebloom, or type in 20-30 to see all of you level 20-30 recipes. This search field only appears once you have more than 75 skill in your profession.
- Profession UI now has a checkbox that allows you to search by only items that you have the materials to make.
- Active corpses or objects (ones with loot on them) now can be selected and looted, even if they are underneath another corpse that does not have loot on it.
- While flying or swimming the 'X' key will now make you move down.
- Hunter Pets now display their spell damage bonus on the pet pane. The actual effect will nearly always be less than the bonus listed as it depends on the bonus coefficient of the spell the pet is using.
- Hunters now have a UI option Auto Attack/Auto Shot that if turned off means that the hunter will not automatically switch between ranged attack and melee attack difficulty when the range changes.
- Party members will no longer see a hunter who is feigning death as actually dead.
- Shamans are now a darker blue in the raid UI so they have a more distinct color.
- Items that have additional armor on them higher than standard for an item of that quality and level will have the armor value displayed in green.
- Gems are now searchable in the Auction House under the heading of Gem with the gems then broken up by color so you can search for all gems of a specific color.
- When items are being put up for sale on the Auction House, if the item you are putting up for bid is the same item and quantity as the previous item you put up for bid, it will automatically fill in the price and buyout for you with your previous price.
- The 'Status Bar Text' option in the interface options UI will now display numeric values for all party members health/mana bars in addition to your own.
- Raid and Battleground chat options have been added to the chat button that is attached to the chat log.
- New Tips of the day have been added.
- You can now link recipes into chat. If you have chat input open and you shift-click on one of your recipes in your profession UI then it will put a link to that recipe with the reagents it requires to make into chat.
- Raid assistants can now start a ready check.
- You can now display the amount of healing you do to a target in the gamefield. This option can be turned on with the Healing option in the floating combat text section of interface options.
- The Auction House now has a reset button that will reset all fields you have entered to allow you to quickly try a different search.
- Movement now interrupts the usage of the Evergrove Wand.
- Casting beneficial spells while using the Overseer Disguise will now drop the disguise.
- The Overseer Disguise now has a 1 second casting time, and can no longer be activated while in combat.
- The Triangulation Device from the Triangulation Point quests in Netherstorm will no longer allow the character to see Ethereum Relays.
- The directional indicators on the minimap for the towns have been added in Outlands.
- Searches in the auction house for French, German, and Spanish now do character swapping for some accented characters to yield better results.
- There is now a Rotate Minimap feature.
- You can now enable target of target in raid windows
- New interface option: Open Loot Window at Mouse
- New interface option: Disable Lua Errors
- You now see the season stats instead of weekly stats for arena teams when you inspect another player
- Guild names now appear in player tooltips
- Stackable items retrieved from mail will automatically stack in your inventory
- You are now able to right click a player name to report them to GMs.
- User Interface Scripting
- Macro Features:
- New conditional [flyable] which is true if you're in a location where you could use a flying mount
- You can use %f in chat text to refer to your focus, the same way %t or %n refers to your target.
- Added macro option support for /dismount
- Macros containing conditionals will automatically update their visual feedback as appropriate during play.
- #show and #showtooltip can be given conditionals and will update dynamically
- #show and #showtooltip can be given a slot number, to display the appropriate feedback for that slot
- Added bag and slot number support to: /castsequence, /cast, /castrandom, /use,
- /userandom, /equip, /equipslot
- New slash command /cancelform
- The /equip command can take item identifiers specified as item:
: e.g. /equip [modifier:alt] item:25640
- You can provide several conditional clauses for a single action, which will be performed if any of the clauses evaluates to true. e.g. /cast [target=target,help,nodead] [target=targettarget,help,nodead] [target=player] Flash of Light
- For additional notes on Lua and XML changes please visit the UI & Macros Forum.
- Macro Features:
- Two new graveyards have been added to Blade's Edge Mountains.
- Wandering NPCs will turn to face you more quickly when you interact with them.
- The Fel Cannons in Outland should no longer be falling thru the terrain.
- Obsidian Elementals are now correctly immune to bleed effects.
- The casting of the Sun Shield" spell used by Firewing Warlocks will now show up in the combat log.
- Void Baron Galaxis will no longer despawn 10 seconds after death.
- Uvuros now moves considerably faster than before.
- Arch Mage Xintor now has pickpocket loot.
- Auchenai Crypts: Creatures here will no longer occasionally drop aquatic-oriented items, Fish Scales, etc.
- Boulderfist Warrior: Mages can now Blink when stunned by this creature. In addition, its "Shoulder Charge" ability now has a minimum range.
- Dark Worg: This creature no longer drops cash.
- Dragonhawks: Some of these creatures were unskinnable. Almost all are now skinnable. Exception: Feral Dragonhawk Hatchlings.
- Dust Howler: This creature's "Howling Dust" ability is now correctly removed by "Cloak of Shadows".
- Earthcaller Ryga, Eclipsion Cavalier,Eclipsion Soldier,Vyral the Vile, Eclipsion Spellbinder,Gan'arg Sapper,Grillok Darkeye, Hand of Kargath, Mag'har Grunt, Unliving Caretaker, Unyielding Sorcerer,Worg Master Kruush, Z'kral, Blacktalon the Savage and Debilitated Mag'har Grunt all now have pickpocket loot.
- Fel Cannons: These creatures now drop loot.
- Krellack can now be skinned.
- Lady Shav'rar: Druid shapeshifting now breaks the creature's freeze affect.
- Mana Wraith: This creature is no longer immune to the hunter pet ability Warp.
- Mennu: The boss's healing ward totem will no longer trigger kill procs when killed.
- Mosh'ogg Witch Doctor: The Ward of Laze totems summoned by this creature can no longer be destroyed by area attacks.
- Motes of Mana: Several water-themed creatures were dropping Motes of Mana; they now drop Motes of Water.
- Murkblood Scavengers: The cash dropped by these creatures has been drastically reduced.
- Rockflayers: All creatures of this type now have pickpocket loot.
- Scarshield Spellbinder: The fire resist buff from this creature will no longer work on targets over level 63.
- Skettis Arakkoa: These creatures will now drop Arakkoa Feathers as intended.
- Unbound Devastator: The disarm from this creature now fails against disarm-immune targets.
- Throne Hound: This creature now has elite-quality loot.
- Throne of Kil'jaedan: Elite creatures in this area now drop elite-quality loot.
- Veil Lithic Arakoa: These creatures will now drop Arakkoa Feathers as intended.
- Area 52: Added a guard near an exploitable dead zone in town.
- A new flightmaster has been added to Forest Song in Ashenvale.
- New flight points have been added:
- --Felwood, Emerald Sanctuary (Both)
- --Ashenvale, Forest Song (Alliance)
- New flight paths added:
- --Stormwind <-> Thorium Point
- --Grom'gol Base Camp <-> Flame Crest
- --Ratchet <-> Gadgetzan, Astranaar, Brackenwall Village
- --Brackenwall Village <-> Ratchet, Camp Taurajo, Freewind Post
- --Thunderbluff <-> Zoram'gar Outpost
- --Evergrove <-> Toshley's Station
- --Honor Hold <-> Shattrath
- Many flight paths have been adjusted to be shorter, faster flights.
- Several flight paths which clipped thru objects have been adjusted.
- An Inn and mailbox have been added to Evergrove in Blades Edge Mountains.
- A Forge and Anvil has been added to Cosmowrench in Netherstorm.
- Improved combat movement for flying creatures.
- Apothecary Azethen, Ryathen the Somber, Arcanist Calesthris Dawnstar, Magister Duskwither, Tethik, Darnassian Protector, and Groggeroc no longer get loot sparkles when killed.
- Antilus the Soarer: This creature can now be skinned.
- Added 'maxfps' game variable, when set to a non-zero value it will limit the game's frame rate when the game is the frontmost application or full screen. Also added 'maxfpsbk' game variable, when set to a non-zero value it will limit the game's frame rate when the game is not in the foreground. Each of these variables can be left set to '0' which disables them, or an integer value representing the desired frame rate limit.
- Nazan in the Hellfire Ramparts is no longer affected by Disarm.
- Tainted Cores in Serpentshrine Cavern are now unique.
- Fixed several combat log issues where certain types of damage were not being reported.
- Many quests were incorrectly shareable even when items were necessary for accepting the quest. These quests are no longer shareable.
- Fixed an error where the G15 Keyboard LCD screen will sometimes not display the correct battleground name when Alt+Tabbing back into World of Warcraft.
- Fixed some sound errors in which some sounds were either repeating or were not playing properly.
- Fixed many locations in which players had been getting stuck.
- Fixed an issue in which gnomes were unable to surface properly after being underwater.
- Fixed various graphical errors.
- Coral Sharks will no longer attack players standing at the edge of the docks high above the water on Theramore Isle.
- The bleed effect from the druid ability Pounce will now properly apply to targets who are immune to stun.
- The Exodar Peacekeeper guards will now give the correct directions to the auction house.
- Fixed an error where tauren males and gnomes were unable to gain the benefit of drinking water when in areas of shallow and deep water.
- Fixed an error where some characters appeared to be drinking while standing up.
- The target Spell Cooldown Timer has been improved.
- Using Tome of Conjure Water IX on another Mage will no longer teach that Mage Conjure Water (Rank 9).
- The quest item Felsworn Gas Mask is no longer sellable.
- Thorngrin the Tenderwill no longer Sacrifice totems and pets.
- The game will now end properly in the Eye of the Storm Battleground if you cap the flag and it puts you over 2000 resources.
- Fixed an issue where creatures who were killed would disappear before ever becoming a lootable corpse.
- Stoneclaw Totem,rank 3, will now pulse correctly.
- General Vorpal in the Shadow Labyrinth will no longer evade when standing on a particular spot.
- The Dragon, Vhel'Khur, will no longer evade when pulled in Shadowmoon Valley.
- Players will no longer crash out of the game when resizing the game window with the Auction House menu open.
- Shattrath City Peacekeepers will now attack players who attack others from a distance.
- The Burnoose of Shifting Ages can now be disenchanted.
- Adjusted many quest rewards for better consistency.
- Zoning into an expansion dungeon and changing the difficulty at the same time will no longer cause players to disconnect.
- If a player is casting a spell when the debuff Shadow of Death fades from them, they will no longer die when the spell completes.
- Fixed many interface graphical errors.
- Force-quitting or crashing out of the WoW client while taxiing across zone boundries can no longer cause the player to be locked out of zone-specific chat channels.
- Player pets can no longer attack PvP players while not being flagged for PvP.
- In battlegrounds, pets with a damage over time spell will no longer continue to attack the caster after Resurrection.
- There is now a message telling players that the replacement for their final Violet Signets will cost 100 gold.
- Fixed an issue where quest items were remaining in a player's inventory even after abandoning the quest.
- Fixed several raid UI errors.
- In the Black Morass, gnomes are now able to run through the water like other races.
- Male gnome /cheer animation is no longer incomplete.
- Numerous performance optimizations have been made across all platforms.
- Performance improvements for systems without vertex shaders has been enabled.
- Proper recognition of SSE support for Pentium III has been implemented resulting in improved performance on this platform.
- The Warrior ability Spell Reflection can no longer be used if a shield is unequipped.
- Players will no longer be able to use Charge types of abilities to port the user up to flying-mounted characters.
- Players can no longer be feared when using the Zephyrium Capacitorium during the Test Flight quests out of Toshley's Station.
- Circle of Healing now heals for an extra 25 HP at max rank (5% more)
- Primal Nethers cost 12 Badges of Justice
Gladiator's Gavel (Mace)
23-108 Damage (1.6 speed)
Equip: +16 Resilience
Equip: +187 Spell damage and healing
Gladiator's Salvation (Mace)
23-108 Damage (1.6 speed)
Equip: +16 Resilience
Equip: +348 Healing spells
Gladiator's Repreive (Off-hand)
Equip: +14 Resilience
Equip: +31 Healing spells
What "Auto-Unstuck" actually does is (after a little tweaking to try and get you out close to where you are) port you back to your hearthstone city. I think I've used it once the whole time I've been playing the game. But apparently there was no cooldown on it at all, so what lots of players were doing is using it as a second hearthstone. I knew the possibility was there, but apparently I underestimated players' usage of it-- tons of people were "exploiting" the feature, and now lots of people, both here in America and in Europe, are angry that the hearthstone cooldown is tied to Auto-Unstuck.
If you ask me, it's nothing to get angry about-- the Auto-Unstuck, as Drysc says, is a support feature, and any constant use of it to cut down on travel time indeed "bordered on exploitative use." Players reply that a second hearthstone helped them save travel time (well of course it did), but Drysc says that the devs want the world to feel like a world-- though they've made steps (like Meeting Stones) to cut down on travel, they never wanted players to move around "without any thought to the distance they have to travel."
I gotta side with Blizzard on this one-- they gave you one hearthstone, and using Auto-Unstuck as a second one is against the rules. Some players say that the common cooldown means that if they get stuck twice in the same hour, they're screwed, but that's not necessarily true. A nice warlock could always summon you away, or you could do what one of my groups did to a guy who got stuck in Underbog-- we let him die and then rezzed him back out in the open.
He also notes that every patch includes at least one change to a Mage spell icon (well, there are just so many of them), adding "several new items and recipes" that don't really exist, and has (faked, of course) bugfixes that "preferentially affect the 0.1% of WoW players who make no contribution to society [and] live in mom's basement at age 37." See what I mean? Chuckleworthy.
Truth be told, I really like the way patch notes are written. I'm not sure who writes them (I doubt it's an actual dev, but it has to be someone associated with the dev team), but they are both formal and at the same time seem to have a lot of cool mystery and design behind them. Caydiem hit on this note to extremely comic effect with her fake patch notes (I like that the grass in enemy faction zones is "exceptionally green"), but even the real patch notes read like a kind of otherworldly poetry: "Cabal Zealots are now more threatening while under the effect of Shape of the Beast." To players who know what they're talking about, they import a very technical message. But for someone who doesn't know about that section of the game or the game itself, that's a pretty mysterious statement. As a student of audience and media, I find patch notes pretty fascinating.
Without any official word, who's to say whether these patch notes, posted on MMO-CHAMPION are legit or not. However, they include a number of features that we know are planned for 2.1.0, such as:
- The release of the Black Temple
- A battlegrounds matching system
- The re-valuing of sockets on items
- The change to warlock's succubus pet's seduce ability
- An engineering revamp
- A new LFG system
Update: Keep reading if you like, but, yep, these are fake. (Some people clearly have too much time on their hands!)
Filed under: Patches
That's right, we can finally, finally remove our totems from the ground. Shaman have been asking for this for a long time-- totems grab aggro and have a short lifespan, so anytime a patrol happens to run by a totem you've left in your wake, your group gains an add, and it heads straight for you. Not so bad if you're Enhancement, not so great if you're the main healer in an instance. There are ways around it right now; whenever I see a totem in the way of an oncoming mob currently, I can just drop a totem of the same element in an out-of-the-way place, and it removes the first one (because you can't have more than one totem at a time down from a certain element).
But the problem with that is it takes mana to put another totem down, and considering mana is at such a premium with us already, it's a pain. That's why Totemic Recall is so neat: every time you hit it (no cooldown in the notes-- if you're in the beta, please let me know what it is in the comments below), it'll clear all your totems, and refund you 25% of the mana you spent putting them down. Gets rid of the totems and returns a small part of the mana to you-- now that's productive.
Of course, insert standard disclaimer about how these are beta notes and we may never see this spell in the game. But as a Shaman who needs to clean up his totems every once in a while, I sure hope we do.
- Escape artist is now an instant cast.
- Blood Fury also increases spell damage depending on your class. Increases ranged and melee damage for hunters.
- The Looking For Group Channel has been removed.
- The Quest log has been expanded to hold 25 quests.
- All hunter pets have been normalized to a 2.0 speed. *unconfirmed*
- Warlock's Spellstones and Firestones can be equipped in the Wand slot.
- Many profession that used to require a recipe, plan, etc, to learn are now trainable by the corresponding profession trainer. (No, we don't have any details on which.)
- Spells automatically update on your action bar when new ranks are purchased.
- A hunter's Arcane Shot benefits more from ranged attack power. *unconfirmed*
- Four new bank slots! And an extra bag slot that costs 25g to purchase.
- New quests have been added throughout the zones. Including various Draenei and Blood Elf camps.
- Many new items have been added to various vendors, including jewelcrafting plans.
- All class specific spell books that previously dropped in dungeons are now trainable at level 60.
- Players can change their title from a drop down menu to show their highest PvP rank next to their name.
The number of available character transfers to the test realm reset sometime Friday evening - usually a sign that the public test realms are coming online soon. The rumors flying around on the forums garnered an official response from Tseric, who said that efforts were made to get the PTR online Friday, but it was likely to be pushed back until Monday. However, a lucky group of people were, apparently, able to download the new patch and find patch notes for it. I know you're curious, so read on for all the details.