Priests received a handful of changes with the latest Cataclysm beta build that was released Thursday afternoon. There were little changes, such as a new animation for Archangel (as seen above), and big changes, like tweaking the talent Improved Inner Fire so that it's no longer mandatory. A preview for tier 11 was also released. Let's have a look at the talent changes first.
- Power Word: Barrier has had the amount it absorbs increased. It will now absorb a total of 6 percent of spellpower plus 21,225 damage (up from 5 percent of SP plus 11,000.) It will still only absorb a portion of incoming damage if the damage exceeds 20 percent of the total absorb value.
- Borrowed Time will no longer increase the amount absorbed by Power Word: Shield. It will just increase your spell haste.
- Renewed Hope will now apply to targets with Grace. This means any target you heal with more than one spell (or more than one tick of Penance) will gain an additional 10 percent chance to be hit with a critical Flash Heal, Greater Heal, Heal or Penance.
- Inner Focus no longer costs mana.
- Improved Inner Fire has been renamed to Inner Sanctum. The new talent will no longer increase the overall effects of your Inner Fire, instead it will cause your Inner Fire to reduce all spell damage taken by 5/10/15 percent. The talent will now also affect Inner Will by increasing the movement speed bonus by 2/4/6 percent.
- Improved Healing will no longer affect Lesser Heal. This is just a tweak to the language of the tooltip for consistency.