15 Minutes of Fame is our look at
World of Warcraft players of all shapes and sizes – from the renowned to the relatively anonymous, the remarkable to the player next door. Tip us off to players you'd like to hear more about at 15minutesoffame (at) wowinsider (dot) com.
Think you've got a hawt PuG raiding group on your server? You ain't seen nothin' until you've seen what's going on with the Leftovers of US Silver Hand-A -- and they're not a guild but rather a collection of pickup raiders! Check out these phat stats:
- The Leftovers run some 70 to 80 raids per week.
- Ninety percent of players who sign up get into raids.
- Over the past 3 weeks, 661 players (on 1,094 characters) have attended a Leftovers raid.
- More than 1,700 players have attended or signed up with Leftovers raids since the Burning Crusade launched.
- The Leftovers marked their three-year anniversary in May of this year with eight Magtheridon/Gruul runs, including seven kills, plus four Molten Core fun runs.
With numbers like these, the Leftovers raiding community
is anything but
leftover players. They have raiding groups of all shapes and sizes hitting content both high and low, hard and soft, casually and on a tight progression curve. We visited with a hive-mind group of their leaders to find out why the Leftovers' pickup raid system has become such a resounding success. Read on for Part I of our exclusive interview with the Leftovers.
Read more →
Filed under: Raiding, Interviews, 15 Minutes of Fame