I love the forums on Tuesdays
. That's when you tend to find a lot of really silly and fun threads about the most mundane aspects of the game. Several of them have become "Tuesday topics" on my guild's forums. Most are the most simple things that oftentimes you don't even think about, like this thread from yesterday...
Fortuna from the Zangarmarsh realm started up a thread titled "Top 5 reasons you die in WoW." It made me stop and think, because over the last couple of years, I think I've died just about everywhere, and in a myriad of ways. There was the first time I walked into the Cathedral in Scarlet Monestary when we pulled Mograine before we cleared the whole place. Oops. Then there was the time when I learned that the undead in Stratholme can see through stealth very easily. Not good. But then I got to thinking about the reasons
I tend to die, and that was a whole other ball of wax.
Here's what Fortuna's list had to say:5. Stupid Fel Reavers
4. I didn't know that using a gnomish shrink on Rag was going to do that.
3. It's only a rare mob. How hard can it be?
2. wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww1111111113333333333333. O crap.
1. Girlfriend walked into the room nekkid.
I have to admit, 5 and 2 have happened to me too -- a lot! Just for the sake of amusement, my list (across all of my highest characters) comes up something like this:
5. Playing crazy games with my guild mates (there's a post coming on this)
4. Falling off Aldor
rise ( I swear, I can be on a flying mount and I'll still run off and miss that elevator. I just don't die anymore.)
3. Mage grinding: *aoe* *aoe* *aoe* *aoe* oom uh...
1. [ Disconnected from server ]
How about you? If you had to rank the top 5 reasons you tend to die
in game, what would they be?
[via the general forums
Filed under: Analysis / Opinion, Odds and ends, Breakfast Topics, Humor