Following last week's blog on the stat squish and CC removal, this morning's offering is a Dev Watercooler on the changes to healing coming with Warlords of Draenor. As ever, the full post is after the break, but let's look at the key summary points here:
- Player health has been increased relative to player damage and healing
- This means that Resilience and Battle Fatigue can be reduced in PvP
- The raw throughput of healers relative to player health has been reduced
- The aim is for more "triage" healing
- Burst damage and burst healing are lower.
- These changes are being taken into account in raid encounter design
- The healing of "smart heals" is being reduced
- Mana efficiency of multi-target heals is being reduced
- Low-throughput, low-mana-cost heals like Nourish, Holy Light, Heal, and Healing Wave, are being removed because they think that while they do add complexity, they don't truly add depth to healing gameplay.