Blizzard has just posted a large blog detailing updates to many of the stats in WoW. There has been a lot of work behind the scenes on these stats since BlizzCon 2013, and it's clear that Blizzard is working hard to get through various design issues they've noticed. It's also clear (as in the case of a stat like Multistrike) that they've taken feedback from the community and ran with it.
Blizzard's post provides a handy list summarizing the changes coming up in Warlords:
- Haste: (Unchanged) Increases attack speed, spell casting speed, and some resource generation
- Critical Strike: (Unchanged) Increases your chance to critically strike, dealing double damage
- Mastery: (Unchanged) Increases the effectiveness of your specialization-specific Mastery
- Multistrike: (New) Grants two chances for your damage and healing effects to fire an additional time, each at 30% effectiveness
- Versatility: (New) Increases damage and healing, and reduces damage taken
- Spirit: (Unchanged, healer-only) Increases mana regeneration rate
- Bonus Armor: (New, tank-only) Increases your armor
- Movement Speed: (New) Increases your movement speed
- Indestructible: (New) Causes the item to not take durability damage
- Leech: (New) Causes you to be healed for a portion of all damage and healing done
- Avoidance: (New) Reduces your damage taken from area-of-effect attacks.
Filed under: Warlords of Draenor