Just days after the Druid Class Q&A, the blues have seen fit to post the Warrior edition. Look for in-depth analysis from our very own Warrior expert, Matt Rossi, soon. This purpose of this post is to get the news out there to you, dear readers, as fast as possible. Here's my very brief summary:
- Historically, Warriors have been dominant in tanking and competitive in DPS and PvP. Balance is in a "fairer place" now.
- Arms and Fury need a "hard look." They are happier with the Prot tree.
- "Arms is supposed to be about weapons and martial training and feel 'soldierly.' Fury is supposed to be about screaming barbarians in woad."
- They still want to get rid of stance penalties (like increased incoming damage in Berserker) eventually.
- In the future, Prot warriors will generate more rage through doing damage. Long-term, they need "a better solution to rage generation."
- "Block needs to be a percentage of damage blocked in order for the stat to do what we want" (though the frequency of block, and avoidance in general, would probably have to come down to compensate).
- They want tanks to not ignore DPS stats quite so much.
- Warriors have too much downtime when leveling.