Each week, Arcane Brilliance blinks in from out of nowhere to deliver an instant cast full of Mage info and analysis to the interwebs. Or at least it tries to. Sometimes it blinks sideways, you see. Sometimes, backwards. On rare occasions, Arcane Brilliance casts Blink and goes absolutely nowhere. Oh well, at least the sparkly lights looked pretty.
Let's hear it for no more NDA! Now we can finally talk in detail about things a lot of us have known about for months. I'm sure we're all underwhelmed by the Beta patch notes as they apply to Mages. Here they are, in full. Pull up a chair, these could take you a full 90 seconds to read:
- Arcane Focus (Arcane) is now 3 ranks and increases chance to hit and reduces mana cost of Arcane spells by 1/2/3%.
- Counterspell now costs 9% of base mana.
- Frost Armor, Ice Armor, Mage Armor and Molten Armor are no longer Magic effects and cannot be dispelled.
- Invisibility now makes the caster invisible after 3 seconds, reduced from 5 seconds.
- Magic Attunement (Arcane) now also increases the range of your Arcane spells by 3/6 yards.
- Polymorph now costs 12% of base mana.
- Portal spells now cost 18% of base mana.
- Prismatic Cloak (Arcane) now also reduces the fade time of Invisibility by 1/2 seconds.
- Slow Fall now costs 6% of base mana.
- Teleport spells now cost 9% of base mana.