Look, as soon as you saw the question yesterday, you knew I was going to answer it. Let's not play games - it's beneath us.
Q4tQ: (age old question) Why does blizzard hate warriors so much? On a side note, maybe it's just me because my main is a frost mage and I have 3 warrior alts. :(
Hi, Michael. I'm Matthew Rossi. I've played a warrior a few times over the years. What I'm going to say now may surprise you - I don't think Blizzard hates warriors. However, I'm willing to say the following:
- Blizzard has not done a fantastic job of keeping warriors balanced over the years.
- Blizzard nerfs warriors too quickly when they're powerful in outdated content that doesn't matter any more. We saw similar nerfs at the end of Wrath of the Lich King.
- Warriors get more complaints from other classes when they are strong than any other class. I'm not sure why this is. Should warriors top the DPS meters, there will be wholesale wailing and weeping and gnashing of teeth.
- Rage is, as it has always been, both a boon and a curse. We have to wait to generate it before we can unleash our best attacks, it often costs too much to do what we need it to do, and yet because it's such a malleable resource it tends to get very good once we're geared to a certain point.
- Warrior still are weak until they're in the best possible gear.
So in short, no, Blizzard doesn't hate warriors, but it sometimes feels like they're ridiculously quick on the nerf switch when it comes to us.
Filed under: The Queue