Posts with tag wow-patch-3.3.3-ptr
The Patch 3.3.3 PTR notes are out, and with them a nice handful of death knight changes. Oddly enough, most of them are buffs. The focus this time seems to be mostly on slightly buff death knight tanking, giving frost DPS some arguably much needed buffs, and applying some general changes to specific talents in the death knight class. While we'll need to see some PTR testing to be sure, it looks like frost DPS may be out of the pit and sitting pretty indeed. Without further ado, let's take a look at the changes.
The official Patch 3.3.3 patch notes have just been posted to the official site, and among those notes was news of an upcoming to change to raid buffs.
Several raid buffs have had their ranges increased to 100 yards, up from 45 yards, to prevent select buffs from repeatedly getting applied and removed during highly mobile encounters. Some buffs, such as paladin auras, totems, shouts and Blood Pact are intentionally meant to have shorter ranges and remain unchanged.
The concept does have me intrigued as to what exactly they have planned, but the question remains: with paladin auras, totems, shouts and Blood Pact being unchanged, which buffs exactly are being altered? To my knowledge, the vast majority of complaints about moving outside of the range of buffs mainly revolves around aura effects like totems and paladin auras.
At this time Blizzard has not posted a full list of the raid buffs that have had their range increased, but, as they said, the list is fresh and still incomplete. This also comes at a time where many class specific aura buffs (like Unleashed Rage, Abomination's Might, and Elemental Oath) are being changed to passive auras not requiring an outside trigger such as a critical strike or a spell cast to activate.
Be sure to watch for class-specific updates detailing further changes, and we will keep you up to date with information as more becomes available.
Patch 3.3.3 is going to the PTR soon, and there's a bunch of stuff that will affect those of us who play the auction house. I'm going to list them in the order I see them, and then we'll go into some analysis:
Runed Orbs: Recipes which require this item have had their material requirements significantly reduced.
Frozo the Renowned has moved into the Dalaran Magus Commerce Exchange and will be trading your Frozen Orbs for various other trade goods.
Update: Omega points out in the comments that Zarhym posted a list on the forums of what we'll be able to buy :
Crusader Orb (6)
Runed Orb (4)
Pattern: Frosty Flying Carpet [Tailors Only] (6)
- Most recipes that required 2 inks now only require 1.
Filed under: News items
the patch notes we posted a little while ago, there's this waiting for us in patch 3.3.3:
- Culling of Stratholme: Players may now skip the initial introduction dialog to this dungeon once they have completed it at least once.
Filed under: Wrath of the Lich King
Hot on the heels of the Patch 3.3.3 PTR patch notes, Blizzard has activated character copies for this phase of testing. While the realms aren't up quite yet, and neither is the client, you can definitely copy your live characters over to Broxigar (PVE) or Anasterian (PVP) for impending testing.
A few things to bear in mind: if you're excited to try out the new Ruby Sanctum raid, that content isn't going to be in this particular patch. There might be indications of it, maybe some quests or data, but no instance itself just yet. But, since there's no raid content, this means you can also copy over premade level 80 characters -- the perfect way to test out all those new PVP changes.
Well, what are you waiting for? Go make your evil twin!
The official Patch 3.3.3 patch notes have just been posted to the official site, so we're likely to see the PTR incredibly soon, if it isn't up right now. You can find the patch notes in full below. Do note, however, that this is Patch 3.3.3 and not Patch 3.3.5. This will not include the Ruby Sanctum raid dungeon.
- Death Knights: Icy Touch: This ability now causes a very high amount of threat while the death knight is in Frost Presence.
- Many aura abilities such as Unleashed Rage, Abomination's Might, and Elemental Oath are now passive auras and do no need to be triggered by certain strikes.
- Frozo the Renowned has moved into the Dalaran Magus Commerce Exchange and will be trading your Frozen Orbs for various other trade goods. We do not yet know what these items are, but we'll be sure to look as soon as we get on the PTR.
These patch notes are up to date as of March 10th, 2010.
Zarhym has announced today major upcoming battleground and honor changes. These changes will be present in the next minor content patch, which will be on the PTR soon. Some of the key points:
- Marks of Honor are going away.
- Holiday weekends will now be denoted as "Call to Arms" and award tiered system of honor for participation. The tier is based on you winning or losing the battleground, and if you've won or lost before.
- Honor kills reward 100% more honor, Wintergrasp weekly quests give 50% less honor, and XP rewarded from honor kills are reduced by 50%.
- Implementation of the Random Battleground Finder -- much like the current Random Dungeon Finder. There are further honor rewards, which are similar to the ones provided by the Call to Arms.
The full statement after the break.