- A new row of talents has been added for level 100, and Draenor Perks from levels 91-99.
- Racial traits have been rebalanced.
- All characters now learn a few important Major Glyphs as they level up.
- Garrisons, garrisons, garrisons!
Posts with tag wow-patch-notes
Patch 5.2 is here, and we've got the official patch notes for you to enjoy. Some of the major highlights from this major content patch include:
- New Daily Quest Hub: Isle of Thunder
- Wrathion is determined to know the origin and source of Mogu power, and Azeroth's mightiest heroes will aid the Black Prince in finding out what it is. The search for information will take players into the depths of the Thunder King's Palace, and pit them against trials of perseverance and skill. Along the way, they'll unlock the secrets to a new legendary metagem, the Crown of the Heavens.
- Players that have grown attached to working the land at Sunsong Ranch can now acquire the farm from Farmer Yoon via a quest. The farmhouse becomes a rest point like an Inn, where the player can bind and instantly log out. Work orders will pour into the farm from factions across Pandaria, and completing a work order will earn a reputation boost with the issuing faction.
- Throne of Thunder raid bosses in Normal and Heroic difficulties have a chance of dropping items with the Thunderforged designation. Thunderforged items are 6 item levels higher than their Normal or Heroic counterparts and will drop more frequently in 25-player raids.
- To encourage Raid Finder groups to persevere, each time an Raid Finder group wipes on a boss fight all players in the group receives a stacking buff that increases health, damage dealt, and healing done by 5% (up to a maximum of 10 stacks). This buff is cleared once the boss has been killed.
- Satchels obtained via the Raid Finder now have a chance to contain additional rewards, including: consumables, Spirits of Harmony, rare pets or mounts, and Raid Finder versions of Normal and Heroic difficulty zone drops that were previously unavailable from Raid Finder encounters!
- Warlocks can now undertake a solo adventure that culminates with the ability to change the color of their Fire spells to appear Fel green. The quest begins for those Warlocks determined or fortunate enough to have laid their hands on the fabled Codex of Xerrath.
- Players in low-level Battlegrounds will have their effective level raised to the maximum level allowed in that Battleground bracket. Players' base stats and spells are scaled accordingly, and are treated as the same level when determining hits, misses, and critical effect chance.
Filed under: News items
- The area damage cap is now 20 targets instead of 10.
- Players that have a high fishing skill now have a chance to fish up new pets! The Pet Journal has clues on where these new pets can be found. Happy hunting -- er, fishing!
- New raid and PvP patterns have been added for tailors. Tailors can find these new patters with the daily Imperial Silk cooldown.
- Players can now participate in Pet Battle duels while in the Throne of Thunder, just in case you'd rather take a break from certain troll doom and instead focus on fluffy critters.
- Satchels obtained via the Raid Finder now have a chance to contain additional fun items. This includes Raid Finder versions of Normal and Heroic difficulty zone drops that were previously unobtainable from LFR difficulty.
- Players of the same faction will get shared credit for Pandaria world bosses -- this includes Sha of Anger and Galleon, as well as the new world bosses in 5.2.
- Buying the farm has officially been changed to reflect that you will be taking over the farm rather than purchasing it. Players must be exalted with the Tillers and have unlocked all 16 farm plots before this option will be made available.
- To encourage LFR groups to stick around, each time a Raid Finder group wipes on a boss fight, all players will get a stacking buff that increases health, damage, and healing done by 5%. This stacks up to 10 times.
- Lorewalker Cho has two new tales to tell -- Dagger in the Dark, and A Little Patience. As of 5.2, both factions will be able to complete both scenarios. No more faction limit!
- Characters that have attained titles from the Rated Battleground system (Centurion, Knight-Champion, High Warlord, Grand Marshal, etc) will now be able to purchase old PvP items requiring those titles.
- The continuation of the Wrathion questline will unlock a new legendary metagem, Crown of the Heavens.
- Three new spectral porcupine spirit beasts have appeared across Pandaria as tameable beasts.
- There is now an option to show absorb effects (such as Power Word: Shield) on player, target, party and raid frames. This feature is currently enabled if you turn on the predictive healing option. Unlike predictive healing, absorb effects will display for enemy targets.
- The Reputation panel on the character screen will now let players know which reputations they have purchased and used Grand Commendations for.
- The new raid, Throne of Thunder, which includes 12 new raid encounters and an additional 13th foe unlocked upon defeating Emperor Lei Shen in Heroic mode.
- New daily quest hub: The Isle of the Thunder King -- the Kirin-Tor Offensive and the Sunreaver Onslaught face off to lay claim to Emperor Lei Shen's island stronghold and the treasures contained therein.
- Two new world bosses, Nalak the Storm Lord and Oondasta
- An option to purchase Sunsong Ranch to make it a resting point like an inn. Work orders will come in from various factions, and completing the work orders will grant you reputation with the issuing faction.
- All world bosses are now Tap to Faction. This new system offers every eligible player of the same faction that engages a boss the chance to earn loot.
Some highlights from the patch notes:
- The conflict between the Horde and the Alliance has ignited a new series of daily quests along the shore of the Krasarang Wilds.
- Players can visit their faction strongholds in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms to begin the quest to summon their war fleets to the continent of Pandaria. (Please note: The Alliance version of this quest is not yet complete, but will still unlock the new missions and features).
- Two new Reputations have been added: Alliance players can earn reputation with Operation: Shieldwall, while Horde players will curry favor with the Dominance Offensive.
- Players can slay rival NPCs and opposing faction players along the shore to earn commissions that can be spent to upgrade their faction's base.
- Look for strategic objectives to capture, including graveyards and towers. Commissions can be spent to recruit guards that will help protect this captured territory!
- A new item has been introduced that can be used to upgrade the quality of Battle Pets: Battle-stones.
- Underground fighting rings have sprung up in Stormwind and Orgrimmar that will give brawlers a chance to earn bragging rights by testing their solo PvE mettle against some of the toughest creatures found in World of Warcraft.
Filed under: News items
These notes are surprisingly short, we find. Rather than laying out every single class change in detail, Blizzard has glossed over them with simple, general statements that stuff has changed. If you'd like to see the patch notes for yourself, you can find them below.
Filed under: Mists of Pandaria
This patch has been on the PTR for nearly two months, but it will very soon be coming to a live realm near you. Be prepared! The most up-to-date version of the patch notes you'll find are behind the cut below.
Keep an eye on WoW Insider throughout today's maintenance for more information on how to prepare yourself for patch 4.2!
Filed under: Cataclysm
There has also been a series of hotfixes that have repaired a number of things server-side.
The full patch notes are after the break.
Filed under: News items
- Deadly Poison: In addition to its existing effects, when a rogue applies Deadly Poison to a target which has already reached the maximum number of applications, this will also trigger the poison which the rogue is using on his or her other weapon.
- Improved Poisons: Bonus chance to trigger Deadly Poison from this talent increased.
- Improved Drain Soul: This talent now reduces threat by 10%/20%, up from 5%/10%.
- Destructive Reach: This talent now reduces threat by 10%/20%, up from 5%/10%.
All the updates after the break.
All the updates to the patch notes are as follows:
- Druids: Gift of the Earthmother: Redesigned. This talent now increases spell haste by 2/4/6/8/10% and reduces the base global cooldown of Lifebloom by 2/4/6/8/10% instead of its previous effects. (This was just reworded, nothing changed, according to Blizzard.)
- Paladins: Sanctified Light (changed reverted based on update to Lay on Hands)
- Murder: This talent now provides a flat damage increase of 2/4% against all targets, instead of only targets which do not appear in Icecrown.
- Victory Rush: This ability is now trainable at level 6. (This was just corrected, nothing new.)
Patch 3.3 is the last major patch of Wrath of the Lich King. With the new Icecrown Citadel 5-man dungeons and 10/25-man raid arriving soon, patch 3.3 will deal the final blow to Arthas. WoW.com's Guide to Patch 3.3 will keep you updated with all the latest patch news.
- Oculus appears to have been significantly nerfed. Obviously, this was done to facilitate easier random PUGs using the new cross-server dungeon system.
- Divine Intervention: This ability now also removes Exhaustion and Sated from the target. In addition, the cooldown on this ability has been reduced from 20 minutes to 10 minutes. Cannot be used in Arenas.
- Lay on Hands: This ability will place Forbearance on the paladin if used on his or herself. It will not place Forbearance on others.
- Bug fixes... 158 of them by my count.
The full changes after the break.
First, you no longer have to clear Naxxramas to get to Sapphiron's lair. Tha means that raids will now be able to go directly to Sapphiron, and (presumably) subsequently Kel'Thuzad.
Secondly, quest objective tracking is now present in this PTR build. This was originally present in the initial patch 3.2 builds, but was taken out by Blizzard after issues crept up with it. We'll have more on this new feature later this evening or tomorrow.
The entire list of patch notes changes after the break.